Sliding door middle runner problems

As you can see from the pics below the middle runner is touching the bodywork just as it opens and closes and I'm not sure how to make the adjustments to raise this about 3mm to be the same as the other side.

All the rollers etc look to be in good condition as you would expect from a van that's only done 6k.
I've only just noticed this and I'm thinking it's probably been like this since new.

Any experts know how to sort this?

IMG_1136.JPG IMG_1137.JPG

Get VW to do it. I’d not touch it personally. That’s what your warranty is for.

Warranty issue there pal.
If you look at the securing nuts, they should have paint marks on them. see if the nuts have moved, and door has dropped.. that's what happened to mine, nut had worked lose

I had a very similar issue and found the sliding door very difficult to close. VW dealer looked at the problem, booked me in a few days later and the door now fixed and closes easier and better than ever.
Scot

Yeah that's probably what I will end up doing, just thought I would ask incase it was an easy fix since it's a ferry crossing and 100mile drive.
Blimey. Best make it worthwhile, get it booked in for all the the other warranty issues at the same time. There’s got to be more than 1.:rofl:

I'll get it booked in on Monday.
Took the cover of the passenger side and the runner is actullay lower on the drivers side, I would say its a factory defect.

Warranty issue there pal.
If you look at the securing nuts, they should have paint marks on them. see if the nuts have moved, and door has dropped.. that's what happened to mine, nut had worked lose
Checked them and they haven't moved, by the looks of it they will only adjust the height of the door but the support arm that goes in to the runner will stay at the same level.

not sure then mate, I had exactly the same issue and was sorted under warranty, they had to replace brackets and respray the worn paintwork.

Found the same issue today.
20180101_134736.jpg
Looked into it and the offending item is this:
20180101_134750.jpg
The bolt seems to rattle loose due to unscrewing towards the floor and the weight of the door drops the bracket onto the Van. It's does up with an Allen key bolt from the bottom. I've done it up finger tight for now but will be undoing it again when it goes to vw.
The bolt is the wrong way up for my liking and wonder how common this may be as it's not all that obvious.

Mine has paint markings.

BTW. Is there any lube/greasing/cleaning one should do anywhere?
ECA31409-3233-4D41-B376-32D75493DA5D.jpeg

View attachment 16653
View attachment 16654
The bolt seems to rattle loose due to unscrewing towards the floor and the weight of the door drops the bracket onto the Van. It's does up with an Allen key bolt from the bottom. I've done it up finger tight for now but will be undoing it again when it goes to vw.
The bolt is the wrong way up for my liking and wonder how common this may be as it's not all that obvious.
For comparison another picture - the setup seems to be very close to @SofaKing 's
Left_20180101b.jpg

View attachment 16653
View attachment 16654
Very common mate.
Mine did it and had it resprayed. The tell tale sign is you paint markings.. 2 days to sort at Listers.

View attachment 16653
View attachment 16654
Did you remove the nut in the picture? Seem like the paint marking was done on the spacer sleeve?

Mine was in VW for two days getting repaired they did a excellent job, I believe it was the runner that was sitting too low and just needed a bit of adjusting, definitely wasn’t the adjuster you have in the pic that was causing my problems.

I think it’s a fairly common problem because there was another Caravelle there the same age and with the exact same issue on the drivers side sliding door.
I’m curious if this is only an issue for vehicles with electric sliding doors.

Mine was in VW for two days getting repaired they did a excellent job, I believe it was the runner that was sitting too low and just needed a bit of adjusting, definitely wasn’t the adjuster you have in the pic that was causing my problems.

I think it’s a fairly common problem because there was another Caravelle there the same age and with the exact same issue on the drivers side sliding door.
I’m curious if this is only an issue for vehicles with electric sliding doors.
Mine is non-electric.

Did you remove the nut in the picture? Seem like the paint marking was done on the spacer sleeve?
I've haven't removed anything.

Van is booked in at Volkswagen for next Monday. Although Hereford don't do body repairs so he said the Van may need to be sent off. Every time I walk out that building I wonder why I even bring it there. If it wasn't for the warranty i'd fix it myself. I may grow a pair and service the Van myself from now on.

Back