Heater Blower Not Working

Nyny

hi guys,

my heater blower has stopped working. i have checked and there is no live feed at the back of the heater control switch at the dash. checked all wiring from switch to heater resistor and motor all ok, but cannot locate the fuse or relay for the supply feed to the switch. has anyone got a diagram with locations of fuse and relay please.

cheers in advance for the help.

hi guys,

my heater blower has stopped working. i have checked and there is no live feed at the back of the heater control switch at the dash. checked all wiring from switch to heater resistor and motor all ok, but cannot locate the fuse or relay for the supply feed to the switch. has anyone got a diagram with locations of fuse and relay please.

cheers in advance for the help.
Hi, If I assume you have an Eberspacher type heater, you should have 2 x fuses (normally in one holder). 1 x fuse will be the heater main feed 25a ish and another for the controller 5a ish. Check that these are intact.

The looms are pre made typically and the fuse section should be located near the battery. If it has been installed correctly. You never know how these have been installed however. Sometimes looms are modified but the fuses should still be left in place. The fuse should be as close as possible to the source (battery) as good practice.

Good luck.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

hi,
sorry, i mean the vans factory heater blower fan for the cabin / windscreen . i have a 2016 kombi , manual aircon with a 1234 position switch for the fan. this is not working as i have no live feed at the back of the switch. its a red/yellow cable at the back of the switch that then goes to a connector block and changes to black/blue i lose it in the harness after that. im assuming its fused or passes through a relay somewhere. has anyone got a wiring diagram or fuse relay location please. IMG_7114.JPG IMG_0088.JPG

cheers for that,
iv checked all fuses at the dash fuse box and under bonnet fuse box and all ok so looks like its a wiring fault somewhere unless there are other fuse boxes ? have u got a wiring diagram for the ac/ heater fan circuit ? cheers

problem solved,

there is another fuse box tucked up behind the light switch on the drivers side and there was a blow 40amp maxi fuse that feeds the switch, i found a nick in the cable that had shorted to earth and blown the fuse.

cheers for all the help lads.

IMG_2518.JPG

problem solved,

there is another fuse box tucked up behind the light switch on the drivers side and there was a blow 40amp maxi fuse that feeds the switch, i found a nick in the cable that had shorted to earth and blown the fuse.

View attachment 54628
Hello.i'm french and i dont understand The translate. Where ils this fuse,please?

[QUOTE = "Rv1962, message: 336744, membre: 28050"]
Bonjour, je suis français et je ne comprends pas la traduction. Où est ce fusible, s'il vous plaît?
[/CITATION]

problem solved,

View attachment 54628
Hi, i had the same issue, and I also had a nick in one of the cables near the heater control, very strange, but why do they hide this fue where it is and not have in a fuse box, anyway problem solved, thanks for your help.

Hi guys, I'm struggling to find this fuse behind light switch. Which panel am I looking go remove?
Have lost all power to fan switch.

Cheers

Hi, its a few months since I done it, but its there, I think all on its own take the panel off and look behind, its there! sorry to be so vague.

Hi, my blower is not working at all. I want to check/change the fuse before anything else and have a replacement 40A maxi fuse at the ready. Thing is, I can't work out where the fuse is though, do I need to remove the cover on the box marked 524 as in the photo? It didn't seem easy to move those clips.

IMG_0698.jpg

Thanks I did have a read of that but still could not see the fuse with the whole panel off.

Back