Heated Windscreen Highline - Not Working

J8mes

T6 Pro
Hi,
Never had a heated windscreen before, but pretty sure it's not designed to work like this.
Can someone confirm that it shouldn't leave a strip of ice.
The van is only 2 months old so should be covered by the warranty.

20191028_071211.jpg

Absolutely should not!

It should completely clear with no missed patches. Looks faulty to me!

There is a slight gap in the middle between the two heater elements... that's normal, well same as mine.

And having the center strip take a while longer to defrost also the same as mine.

Make sure the engine is running and you have the screen densit also on.

So it seems similar to mine....

Everyone else?

Thanks for the reply. The strip is more in the drivers eye line as opposed to the centre of the screen though. Still looks odd to me

Contacted VW this morning. I emailed them a picture of fault. They have said it needs to come in to be diagnosed as it's a warranty claim. Then if it needs a new screen it will need booking in again for the work.
Interestingly I asked if they fit a replacement or do they get another company i.e. autoglass to do it. They say they fit it......what could possibly go wrong
Anyway booked in Friday 8th. I'll update accordingly.

I’d upload a photo of mine but it’s not cold enough here for a frost yet so it won’t show properly, but there’s no missed (or mist!) patches.

I have a couple of lines on mine not working . It’s a vw replacement but not bothered as it still clears after a few seconds.
If you have time I would get them to replace it but I will hang on till I get another chip or crack in mine .

Just back from dealer. confirmed it's a warranty job and a new windscreen is required.
Need it for a full day to replace.
Booked in for 22 November.

How does the new screen compare?
I have very similar lines on mine. It's not been tested in the frost yet but in normal misted window scenario I have a solid 30/40mm line Infront of the drivers sight.

Wow that’s strange. Can you see any elements in the area that doesn’t clear? Mine clears completely apart from a small triangle it the bottom corners.

My new screen works well. Just get a 2mm line down the centre which is normal.
Took about 30 mins to clean the dark handprints off the A pillars though!
Bloody shabby attention to detail by main dealer at Preston.

My new screen works well. Just get a 2mm line down the centre which is normal.
Took about 30 mins to clean the dark handprints off the A pillars though!
Bloody shabby attention to detail by main dealer at Preston.
A 2mm line down the centre is not normal.

I get a tiny line as it warms up, but the heat spreads after a while and the line clears.

Same here, get this on my transporter and my transit, it’s the join between the two halves of the screen element

Just had mine in for the second time, first time I took it in they said that the diagnostics showed everything to be ok, so they would like it in again for a few days so they could witness the issue. So took it and left it with them, got a call to collect today and they said half the screen was not working so we will need to order a replacement. Half the screen, when I tried to clear a light frost from it nothing melted at all.
I also think the guy who is delivering the screen is also fitting it, I think they use a third party for screens!

Just found this thread from a search. My screen seems to have some dodgy elements. Warranty claim?

694BDA96-C728-44DE-A0AE-FA03D26D8092.jpeg

Back