Heated Front Windscreen Connections.

Trees

Hi all,

Had my heated front windscreen replaced a few weeks ago and now only the passengers side heating works. Fuse keeps blowing on the drivers side. Have seen the wiring diagram and looked at the connections but newish to the transporter world so not sure if it is connected properly.

Can someone show me a picture of how the connections are supposed to be on the drivers side? The two connections from the window are connected together on mine which seems odd.

Have already spent hours browsing this forum and others but can’t find a picture.

thanks in advance. Tom.

the windscreen heater is in two separate sections, left/right.

each side has its own power and ground connections & fuse. . . .

so each side has the two tabs from the screen connected to the two wires from the van side.

if the van side wires are connected together, that will be why the fuse is blowing....

Heated Window Screen Help

50% Front Heated Windscreen Not Working

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

image-jpg.53078
image-jpg.53079
20191023_160512-jpg.53080

I’m sure someone on here had a similar fault with the connectors shorting after a windscreen replacement. Hopefully an easy fix.

I had a windscreen replaced a while ago (second time)... the fitter pointed out that the screen heater wiring had been pinched when it was last replaced. It didn’t cause any issues for me but he cut and re terminated the wire before fitting the new one. It’s possible that has happened with your screen?

Sorted. The windscreen fitter hadn’t wired it back up properly. The van side wires were connected together. Thanks for the advice.

Back