Heated Window Screen Help

J88arv

T6 Guru
Hi all, I’ve searched and downloaded the fuse layout but to be honest quite confused as to which fuse it could be for my heated screen. Can anybody help as it’s not working at the moment

or does it just take sometime to warm up?? I ask as we used to have a ford and the screen was instant

thanks

Did it work before?

Have you seen it work in the passed?

Have you had a new screen fitted?

Another possible issue is the wire connection at the bottom of the screen in the scuttle panel may be disconnected?

Also the screen is split in two halves.... does one side work and one side not?

You can check with a thermal image camera . .

Or a hot kettle or couple of cups of hot water to generate mist on the inside of the glass.

New van so never seen it work before, does it demist or remove ice?
It does both...

If you look very closely at the screen, you should see vertical wiggly lines top to bottom..... that will confirm the glass has the heater fitted.

It may be disconnected in scuttle panel... it's in two halves.... a live and ground conection conection at each side.

You can confirm power at the 2 fuses buy using a multimeter, you should see 12v when the heated screen button is switch on, and will disappear when switched off.....

If so then next step is to test again for power at screen base.

Hi yeah defo heated however looks to have been replaced at some point so need to check connections I think

how does the scuttle come off?

Hi yeah defo heated however looks to have been replaced at some point so need to check connections I think

how does the scuttle come off?
Remove the wiper arms then prise it upwards. It's just clipped to the metalwork

Oddly it works perfect now

It was caked in crap so cleaned it and pushed all fuses down so must have been something there

great forum this Thanks lads

image.jpg

What @Deaky said...

Just took this pic.... but yours is better...

20191023_160512.jpg 20191023_160959.jpg

Glad it's working.

Was gonna add, mark the wiper position on the screen with mashing tape so you put the arms back on in the same place.

I didn’t do that so may need adjusting lol but I’ve lost one of the nuts so need to collect one tomorrow

Next quick question, the passenger heater mirror isn’t working. Do they have individual fuses or would it be the element?

It'll be the element

pop it out and check for voltage at the terminals . . . . then you know 100%.

Back