Heated Front Screen - Is Mine Faulty?

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Tonight for the first time, I tried to use my heated front screen. The windscreen was misted up but the heated front screen had no effect whatsoever! I've consulted the hand book.....and surprise, surprise, it was pretty vague. It just got me thinking.....does it clear mist or for some reason that's beyond me, does it only clear frost? Maybe it's me missing something but my mate with a Mondeo says his clears a misted up screen??????
OR.......has some cretin on the production line not "plumbed" mine in?!!!!!! Any thoughts????

Mine clears frost and mist - quickly. It sounds like there could be a fault with yours?

engine was running for several minutes......nothing. The switch was illuminated but that all that happened! I'll be extremely unhappy if the screen has to come out!

My windscreen always seems a bit misty, even with the blower set to windscreen and bizarrely when I turn it to windscreen the air con comes on.

My windscreen always seems a bit misty, even with the blower set to windscreen and bizarrely when I turn it to windscreen the air con comes on.

Yes air-con should anyways come on. Air con basically takes moisture out of the air and dries it out. it will dry the screen.

Thought it was a fault, always turn it off and wang the heat up, doh!!!

That happens with mine too......I asked a vw technician and he said it's meant to be like that.....I think it's a ridiculous feature........and so did he!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought.....does the heater have to be set to windscreen for the heated screen to work......can't see it somehow?

Used the heated windscreen, I think, and mist clears after a couple of minutes with mine, could do with keeping it on all the time.

Mine works very well. Engine running, 20-30 seconds to melt the morning frost the other morning.

IMG_1252.JPG

Nice. Not had a frost yet, too warm by the sea. Can't wait for a good freeze to test it.

You ha
engine was running for several minutes......nothing. The switch was illuminated but that all that happened! I'll be extremely unhappy if the screen has to come out!
you haven't got a chip in the screen anywhere, when I had my custom got a chip and the heater was ruined

Had one on the Touareg and you could hear a relay click in and a drop in rpm as the current ramped up on the alternator.

havent tried mine yet as its kept in a heated garage
but it works well on the old Ford Galaxy lol

Tonight for the first time, I tried to use my heated front screen. The windscreen was misted up but the heated front screen had no effect whatsoever! I've consulted the hand book.....and surprise, surprise, it was pretty vague. It just got me thinking.....does it clear mist or for some reason that's beyond me, does it only clear frost? Maybe it's me missing something but my mate with a Mondeo says his clears a misted up screen??????
OR.......has some cretin on the production line not "plumbed" mine in?!!!!!! Any thoughts????
Mine does and clears ice. I am really impressed with mine. It clears anything in seconds. One question is about how clean the inside of your windscreen is. Mine was getting dirty from blower/air con on and wouldn't seem to clear (always seemed misty no matter what I did), now it's clearing properly as I cleaned it the weekend

Reactions: HHO
If you look very closely you can see the very thin heating elements in the heated windscreen. Have you checked that? Hopefully VW didn't fit the wrong windscreen!

Back