Heated Front Screen - Is Mine Faulty?

Yes, definately demists and melts frost. However, it is not as good as the ones I have had on a MINI and a ford.

Phoned the dealer & they confirmed it's fecked.

Booking it in for inspection / replacement

Mine is in tomorrow for new screen ,as it wasn't clearing properly.

IMG_20171027_074744.jpg

Mine looks like this, 20-30 seconds or so after button press on a frosty morning.

DEF9FEE8-DC1A-4F52-BE0B-994193948886.jpeg

Mine too will clear a bit of ice like we saw earlier this week very quickly but it can’t cope with really thick condensation of the sort you’ll generate at this damp/cold time of year having several bodies sleeping in a van - this was one of the main reasons we invested in thermal screen covers for camping. It will be interesting to see if the dealers are able to identify a fault with yours.

Last edited:
Why does it not join in the middle - has an annoying gap which misses a bit ha

I learned when mine was replaced last week, that there are two separate elements - fed separately from each side.

Also the strange squares you can see in the bottom corners of the screen are where the connectors where stuck to the screen in manufacture, for transport. The fitter cleaned the screen with his alcohol mix, but they are still there!

Mine went in today for new screen ,and side Windows leaks looking at .
Got a call at 3-30 to say they opened new screen packaging only to find it had a chip on the bottom of the new screen .
But now they don't have another screen as they are on back order .so I have to wait till it comes in stock to be fitted along with 2 new side Windows .

Ok so it appears my headed windscreen is pants!

I've checked the fuses under the bonnet and they both seem fine.

It appears my screen does absolutey nothing when I press the button....the light comes on but even after 10 minutes....nothing

Any suggestions would be most helpful

I wonder if you can see the wires in the front screen? Or are they invisible like the new Audis.

Scrub that.......seems if you take the fuses out and put them back in then it works .....just like magic!....
for future reference, where is the fuse for the heated screen? Mine takes forever to work.....whereas my wife's mini is virtually instant! :thumbsup:

Hello all - potentially nieve question but do all T6 Highlines have a heated front windscreen by default ?.........or is that switch on the dash for the rear Kombi window ? (I have not collected my new van yet) Thanks

yes all highlines have a heated screen (and aircon, mfsw and front foglights)

Thanks Pauly - stoked with that ! I'm going from a Golf GTi which is normally garaged. The thought of scraping a large van windscreen filled me with dread. Shame I don't have heated seats though :)

Sorry for a probably dumb question...anyone know how to turn the heated front screen on in the t6.1?!
In t6 there were two buttons, one for front, one for rear. Just picked up a t6.1 high line kombi yesterday which has a heated front screen as standard, but I can’t work it out as it only seems to have one button which only does the rear...
Handbook seems to refer to a button that isn’t there?! Thanks.

Sorry for a probably dumb question...anyone know how to turn the heated front screen on in the t6.1?!
In t6 there were two buttons, one for front, one for rear. Just picked up a t6.1 high line kombi yesterday which has a heated front screen as standard, but I can’t work it out as it only seems to have one button which only does the rear...
Handbook seems to refer to a button that isn’t there?! Thanks.
I have two buttons, front and rear in my T6.1 kombi highline

Back