Headlights so dull

Any change to van to how it came out of the factory is a modification from insurance perspective, regardless of how small
so even adding floor mats, seat covers, non-OEM tyers, replacing Osram H4 with Phillips H4 bulb, the list goes on, is classed as a mod?
So I would think 99% of vehicles on the road are modified.

so even adding floor mats, seat covers, non-OEM tyers, replacing Osram H4 with Phillips H4 bulb, the list goes on, is classed as a mod?
So I would think 99% of vehicles on the road are modified.
That's what the insurance told me, even if you change the stereo or fit winter tyres they said!

I'd change companies, as you've no chance of a pay out if anything happens as it looks like they will find any excuse not too pay.
Is that the same with all insurance companies! I'm not with them it's when I was struggling to find insurance on van with loads of mods. To stay safe just inform them of everything you have done and are doing. Only takes 30secs to ping off an email and Brentacre don't charge for mods

A standard winter tyre isn't a mod, in fact I would be wanting a discount off my policy for improving my vehicles safety. Also if a bulb has gone through rigorous safety tests and is like for like then if my lights had caused an accident I'd be contacting the manufacturer,. Wait a minute, I have H4 bulbs fitted , so if someone claims I didn't see him officer, I'm not going to argue .

It goes round in circles doesnt it......... I want to replace my H4 bulbs. Are the H7 bulbs A: worth the cost and B: easy to fit?

Please answer YES or NO only to A and B please ladies and gents, I'm up to my back teeth reading through pages and pages of thoughts and opinions on every blooming option out there! :cry: ;) :grin bounce:

Adding H7 headlights is fairly easy, but needs a little computer magic after to keep both dipped and high bean working if switched on(on H4 only dipped OR high beam light up).

It should be listed somewhere as a suggestion for users to go from H4 to at least H7 when placing an order to factory. It is very cheap option with around 100€ compared to a fortune for LEDs

Imo
It goes round in circles doesnt it......... I want to replace my H4 bulbs. Are the H7 bulbs A: worth the cost and B: easy to fit?

Please answer YES or NO only to A and B please ladies and gents, I'm up to my back teeth reading through pages and pages of thoughts and opinions on every blooming option out there! :cry: ;) :grin bounce:
IMO A:yes B:yes

YES and YES.

My take;

AFAIK the H7s are the same as the ones on our old T5.1 Cali - I never even questioned them. Then the T6 came with H4s and they were pretty poor so for the non Cali/Velle brigade (who get LED rears and H7 headlights) they need at least a bulb upgrade - in some cases this seems to work fine.
However for the H7 gang who aren't worried, the LED upgrade is much smaller (just headlights, not tail lights - we get them anyway) but the same cost; I'm fine with the H7s and cannot fathom WHY VW decided on the terrible H4s for all other vans; they cost about the same as H7s - I can only guess that it's some weird marketing ploy. If you're keen, H7s with better bulbs (which I have on my Subaru) are actually very good.

So the H7 upgrade is probably worth it but spending a load on lights that should have been fitted in the first place is a travesty.

The H7s manage to work fine yet have a subtle yet effective DRL in a nicer layout than the slightly haphazard H4s.

I'd go H7 but I'd be very annoyed at having to do so - basically fixing an issue VW has caused on purpose.

H7's are standard factory fitting on the Shuttle too. No complaints at all about how mine perform. So with respect to
A. Yes

New to all this and this headlight think is doing my head in just ordered a new highline what units will it have H4 or H7

H4 is standard unless you opted for the lights and vision + option which makes them H7

Back