Handbags in Toolstation yesterday...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
Not particularly been stewing on this one and not sure if it was more down to the splendid weather yesterday but I almost ran out of swear words in a non physical contact full on slagging match while waiting to be served in Toolstation.
Picture the scene with only one person being served, another person waiting to be served and then myself, still only one member of staff serving. Moving forward there is only the guy originally in front of me now being served and my protagonist rocks up and hovers around the shop entrance area, result a second member of staff comes to the front looks squarely at me and asks can he help. I walk forward and new guy feints moving to the same serving point then steps back as if he's just offered his seat on the bus to an expecting mum, ok I will admit I gave him the stink eye whereupon he starts thinking out loud what's my problem to which I replied I was here before you and we still queue... apparently not the reply he was looking for as it then turned into five minutes of swapping every naughty word we could think of while the shop filled up with new bemused punters.
No blows were exchanged but my 5ft 6 to his 5ft 10 and the possibly 25 yr age gap in his favour (maybe my first case of ageism?)meant it was probably for my best that this was Friday morning and not the night.
I thought I'd post as while this is little more than a road rage incidence but what is wrong with society when it starts turning into a push and shove to the front at any cost and even when it makes you look an absolute coconut?

I thought I was pretty brave.... but I think it was more a case of the worm turning and impotent rage, these days once you get past 60 you get treated like a doddering old twit, talking of which why haven't I got any smiley icons I can insert anymore?
I’m 66 and haven’t yet found how to use a Smiley when I want click Like. Do I need the assistance of a ‘younger/Admin generation’?!?
Andy

I used to be quite quick tempered in my youth, age has mellowed me. I’ve stopped getting wound up by 4rseholes, there are so many around these days that I can’t be bothered with the stress. If someone wants to jump in I just let ‘em if it makes them feel better. I then rip them limb from limb in my head.

I thought I was pretty brave.... but I think it was more a case of the worm turning and impotent rage, these days once you get past 60 you get treated like a doddering old twit, talking of which why haven't I got any smiley icons I can insert anymore?
They've been removed for your own safety ;)

Just tap the 3 dots ^ and the smilies are inside

50674E0E-3B0B-4161-B1D7-1E37D8A9BDBC.png

Also if you click the help button in the footer of any page there’s a link to smilies and it will give you the shortcut you need to type to make them magically appear

Back