Handbags in Toolstation yesterday...

Not particularly been stewing on this one and not sure if it was more down to the splendid weather yesterday but I almost ran out of swear words in a non physical contact full on slagging match while waiting to be served in Toolstation.
Picture the scene with only one person being served, another person waiting to be served and then myself, still only one member of staff serving. Moving forward there is only the guy originally in front of me now being served and my protagonist rocks up and hovers around the shop entrance area, result a second member of staff comes to the front looks squarely at me and asks can he help. I walk forward and new guy feints moving to the same serving point then steps back as if he's just offered his seat on the bus to an expecting mum, ok I will admit I gave him the stink eye whereupon he starts thinking out loud what's my problem to which I replied I was here before you and we still queue... apparently not the reply he was looking for as it then turned into five minutes of swapping every naughty word we could think of while the shop filled up with new bemused punters.
No blows were exchanged but my 5ft 6 to his 5ft 10 and the possibly 25 yr age gap in his favour (maybe my first case of ageism?)meant it was probably for my best that this was Friday morning and not the night.
I thought I'd post as while this is little more than a road rage incidence but what is wrong with society when it starts turning into a push and shove to the front at any cost and even when it makes you look an absolute coconut?
Why I don’t go to supermarkets anymore, you queue for ages and then they open the next checkout to you and those behind suddenly are there before even get the chance to blink!

Thanks all for the smiley walk through although pressing the 3 dots next to the picture icon while revealing a line of additional features including the smiley icon has them all greyed out and inactive :-(
Her in drawers says I've got to focus on the positives in life but in a world increasingly populated by sections of society operating to different standards it becomes increasingly difficult to turn the other cheek and put up with a "me first" mentality, don't get me started on lane merges versus Audi and Merc drivers.

Honestly in this day and age your best to either not get involved in the first place or de-escalate the situation. Forget your pride, there's a highly probability things could turn very serious quickly. I've been there in my youth but just let things slide now. Imagine your family being given the news you'd been severely attacked or worse over a queue dispute. Stay safe.

Check out active self protection on YouTube for plenty of examples. Mainly from out side the UK but you get the idea. Put up a tragic case recently of a neighbours dispute over snow clearing each other drives. Ended up with 3 people dead and young kids left with no parents all over a snow shovel. Madness.

Honestly in this day and age your best to either not get involved in the first place or de-escalate the situation. Forget your pride, there's a highly probability things could turn very serious quickly. I've been there in my youth but just let things slide now. Imagine your family being given the news you'd been severely attacked or worse over a queue dispute. Stay safe.
This is too true! I frequently need to remind myself that I’m 56, not 26! However, when it comes to bully-boys I am absolutely unable to “turn the other cheek!”

That said, the likelihood of someone pulling a knife on you is increasing.

A sad tale of the all too common me first c@#t, the younger chap also sounds a bit of an arse:whistle:But after seeing the title I'm gutted! I was hoping I could get the wife a present she'd actually want for her birthday this year, she just wouldn't have it last year that a bag of M8 nuts was the best thing they had in the shop for her.

A sad tale of the all too common me first c@#t, the younger chap also sounds a bit of an arse:whistle:But after seeing the title I'm gutted! I was hoping I could get the wife a present she'd actually want for her birthday this year, she just wouldn't have it last year that a bag of M8 nuts was the best thing they had in the shop for her.
Slippery slope offering your M8’s nuts but if he’s a good mate he’ll do his best!

Some wives can be so ungrateful, I'm still waiting for a "thankyou" from my wife for her Christmas present.
She obviously doesn't fully understand how much she needs a trolley jack.

Some wives can be so ungrateful, I'm still waiting for a "thankyou" from my wife for her Christmas present.
She obviously doesn't fully understand how much she needs a trolley jack.

On a serious note, it's simply not worth getting into a fight with an unknown quantity.
Just not worth it, there's too many lunatics out there who are coked up, capable and carrying something that could spell bad news.

On a serious note, it's simply not worth getting into a fight with an unknown quantity.
Just not worth it, there's too many lunatics out there who are coked up, capable and carrying something that could spell bad news.
It did cross my mind that the guy was coked up as from what I hear from people I used to work alongside "a cheeky line" isn't that out of the ordinary in the building game now and a few names have let their work and life slide on the back of daily use.
Certainly he looked animated whereas I was as cool as ice ie. shaking like a shifting dog.
Either way we're all good on that topic and now merely have to sort out my missing smileys, yup, still MIA!

It did cross my mind that the guy was coked up as from what I hear from people I used to work alongside "a cheeky line" isn't that out of the ordinary in the building game now and a few names have let their work and life slide on the back of daily use.
Certainly he looked animated whereas I was as cool as ice ie. shaking like a shifting dog.
Either way we're all good on that topic and now merely have to sort out my missing smileys, yup, still MIA!
Sounds like he was “buzzing” and risked making some bad decisions!

As good a friend as Fred might be, it wouldn't work out, he's just too fine and the wife's rather course.
Well, with a bit of fettling on one or the other you’ll get them to fit!!!

Back