Group 1VW Van Centre - Main Dealer

Karpathos Kid

VIP Member
Hi All

Does anyone have any positive views on the captioned?? I booked my T6 in to have front parking sensors installed only to be told when I took the vehicle in that they do not retrofit!!!!

So I am now exploring getting the kit from Poland which has the new module required and getting it fitted by a local car electrician as don't want to mess it up. The electrician and on the Polish website say that I will need to get the system recoded by VW. So I called Group 1 in Chelmsford to ask them if they would do the recoding and was told they won't recode as they have not installed the retrofit!! I explained that I wanted them to do the retrofit but they would not/could not so needed to find someone else to do it. Obviously they seem to struggle with my logic but ultimately their position is that you are not allowed to retrofit front parking sensors!! Frankly I find it ridiculous that a main dealer can dictate what you can and cannot do to your own vehicle which is effectively what they are doing. Does anyone have any alternatives as I shall not be using Group 1 again as all the are interested in is selling you vehicles and after that you are on your own and in fact obstruct what you want to do.

Thanks

Main dealers cant and wont do things like that, its not in their remit and its outside of their boundaries, they are only allowed to install spare parts sourced from VW UK so to modify anything they would replace entire wiring looms just to add 1 cable, its stupid but its how it is

There are several retrofit companies dotted around the country, one of them would be your best bet if you can find someone localish

The point that irritated me was they took the booking so you would think they should know what they can and can't do without me having to turn up to find out.

What I don't understand is why they won't do the coding as the module being fitted is a VW part.

I suppose I am being naive in expecting large dealerships to be customer focused and am looking for a local alternative but struggling to find one who can do what I want.

Reactions: CAB
Main dealers cant and wont do things like that, its not in their remit and its outside of their boundaries, they are only allowed to install spare parts sourced from VW UK so to modify anything they would replace entire wiring looms just to add 1 cable, its stupid but its how it is

There are several retrofit companies dotted around the country, one of them would be your best bet if you can find someone localish
Hi Pauly

I notice on a previous thread you have installed front parking sensors on a T6 so hopefully you can help me. I have the kit from Carsystems from Poland and must admit it looks really good quality but the problem is there are no wiring instructions. I'm not taking this on myself and have asked a local auto electrician but he has asked for a wiring diagram. Are you able to give any guidance. Thanks.

There is a thread or two on here where someone has the Kufatec instructions. I’d imagine the CarSystems and the Kufatec looms are copies of the OEM.

Can you upload pictures of your loom, particularly loose cables, so we can try and work out for you what goes where.

Otherwise wiring diagrams are available in the VIP section

Just a thought: have you got rear parking distance control installed? If so, I’m under the impression you just need to fit the sensors, swap out the 4k Parkhilfe u it for an 8k unit and no coding is required.

Just a thought: have you got rear parking distance control installed? If so, I’m under the impression you just need to fit the sensors, swap out the 4k Parkhilfe u it for an 8k unit and no coding is required.
It does appear there is some contradiction on this as the kit from Poland says you need to get it recoded but other threads I have seen have said with rear parking sensors it shouldn't be necessary. I have booked the van in to an auto electrician in February and will report on the outcome. I've also asked Car Systems for installation instructions and they are going to send something over which should be helpful.

It does appear there is some contradiction on this as the kit from Poland says you need to get it recoded but other threads I have seen have said with rear parking sensors it shouldn't be necessary. I have booked the van in to an auto electrician in February and will report on the outcome. I've also asked Car Systems for installation instructions and they are going to send something over which should be helpful.
That could be them being cautious, as things like having a towbar can affect the PDC coding too.

If you’d post up the instructions here, that would undoubtably help someone else out in future!

And if your auto-electrician is any good / one to avoid, leave a review here:

That could be them being cautious, as things like having a towbar can affect the PDC coding too.

If you’d post up the instructions here, that would undoubtably help someone else out in future!

And if your auto-electrician is any good / one to avoid, leave a review here:
Will do. The auto electrician is Danbury Electrics and he is great. He fixed the wiring loom where I drilled through about 10 very thin wires when installing the inside boarding but will do a proper review after this job.

Back