Grinding Noise From Rear Brakes

Mine runs consistently heavy, and that picture above is exactly how my VW rear brakes looked like after 18 months use. I changed mine for a Pagid set, which I should't really consider better quality than genuine, yet they still look like new, with no corrosion to date.
Is yours 4 motion too? Mine look like new on the rear on my 2wd t30?

Mines now squeaky every so often but the pads look new, the disc on the other hand will be changed at some point.
my question is how hard is it to remove and grease them up??

Hi I came across this threads and had this problem and vw replace the disc’s and pads under warranty

New brakes being fitted as I type. Apparently it’s entirely normal for a 4wd caravelle to wear its rear brakes far more quickly than the front and only last 16000 miles.....

I think at this rate I’d better get a season ticket for brake changes
Ahhhh buger, this is what I am going through. Brakes making a grinding noise on the rears - inside. Has done 40k on a 204 DSG 4 motion... sounds like there is a common theme going on....
Should I go OEM or anyone with other ideas. Thanks.

OEM is normally best but can be expensive. Brembo is a good alternative because they are high quality and painted, so the area the pad doesn't touch remains silver and not rust. They are normally on offer from Euro Car Parts.

OEM is normally best but can be expensive. Brembo is a good alternative because they are high quality and painted, so the area the pad doesn't touch remains silver and not rust. They are normally on offer from Euro Car Parts.
Thanks @Littleblackflash I will have a look at prices.... I haven't spent anything on my van for at least 3 days, so she is due a spend....lol... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just picking up on this thread (hijacking)

i have a weird rear brake sqeal... only hear it when reversing !

any thoughts?

Stanard vw shite, only just started doing it?
Mine has always done it. I guess it’ll be something to do with them wearing one way (as in, forward drive). I don’t think other cars have done it, but then there’s a lot of things these vans do that other motors don’t :whistle:

Mine has started doing this at 5 years and 36.000 mils ,just back from a MOT from my reliable local garage. The advice seems to be to to brake a bit harder in reverse ,I will give it a go and report back.

This is the concerning bit about those brakes to me.. What has cut the pad like that?
pads2.jpeg
It should have friction material right to the edges like these.
pads1.jpeg

Looks like a very straight and uniform line on both sides to be a break/damage ?

Back