Goodnight Package & Multiflex Board

VWindahouse

Hi can someome please measure the height under the Flexiboard that comes with the Goodnight package for me?

it's greatly appreciated as I'm investigating portable fridge freezers in preparation of delivery and wondering which will fit underneath.

Cheers

Here's a picture for reference. Looks like the distance from the floor to the flexiboard is about 40cms. Can someone please confirm?

Thanks again

image_zpsrdblcpig.jpg

I've searched to find answers for this and can't. Also, at risk of asking a daft question but I don't know the answer and would like to!

I'm speccing a caravelle but whilst I don't want to go full blown camper it'd be nice if I could spend a night in it. To that end obviously I like the looks of the sleep pack but having looked at hundreds of photos I can't actually see one with the bed covering or determine whether or not it's actually any good so any advice in respect of others experiences would be greatly appreciated please.

Also what is the purpose of the Multiflex Board? Is it an extension of the bed? Another one I can't ant determine!

And finally , for now, is the 32l cooler worth having?

Thank you for looking

Luke

No sure about the cool box but I think it lists one that's fixes into the floor rails
The multiflex board is required to add an extra bit of length to the flat surface that forms the bed base, when you fold the seats flat the multiflex fills the gap back to the rear door
Only one I know of that has the goodnight package is @Caravellet6 on his caravelle exec

No sure about the cool box but I think it lists one that's fixes into the floor rails
The multiflex board is required to add an extra bit of length to the flat surface that forms the bed base, when you fold the seats flat the multiflex fills the gap back to the rear door
Only one I know of that has the goodnight package is @Caravellet6 on his caravelle exec

Thanks for your reply Pauly.

It looks like it fits in the raiks which is quite neat I suppose.

In that case it's probably worth getting the Multiflex Board if the goodnight package is proven to be any good. It ought to be at nearly £1500 of extras!!

Thanks also for tagging Caravellet6 too. Hopefully 5hey will have some words of wisdom for me.

We recently swapped our Caravelle Exec 2011 from new for a Cali Beach new 2016 . ( nearly 2 years now but time flies)

The Caravelle was the best ever apart from the additional roof sleeping. The standard blinds were fine for us.
If only 2 sleeping in the Caravelle simply fold the rear bench down and use the 2 front seats folded down and use them, if really fussy use a lilo type for more comfort.

The Multiflex Board is a pain in the arse in the Beach. The Vw mattress that is an extra, is massive and a pain to move around
whilst camping if you go out on manoeuvres. If you don't want sand/grass all over it you have to put it on top of the front seats,
along with all the other stuff whilst putting the seat back upright, not a problem whilst dry, when raining !!

There is a Multiflex board for sale on the Cali forum, posted today I think no mattress though

Accessories For Sale - VW T5/T6 Multiflex board for Caravelle/California Beach

We recently swapped our Caravelle Exec 2011 from new for a Cali Beach new 2016 . ( nearly 2 years now but time flies)

The Caravelle was the best ever apart from the additional roof sleeping. The standard blinds were fine for us.
If only 2 sleeping in the Caravelle simply fold the rear bench down and use the 2 front seats folded down and use them, if really fussy use a lilo type for more comfort.

The Multiflex Board is a pain in the arse in the Beach. The Vw mattress that is an extra, is massive and a pain to move around
whilst camping if you go out on manoeuvres. If you don't want sand/grass all over it you have to put it on top of the front seats,
along with all the other stuff whilst putting the seat back upright, not a problem whilst dry, when raining !!

There is a Multiflex board for sale on the Cali forum, posted today I think no mattress though

Accessories For Sale - VW T5/T6 Multiflex board for Caravelle/California Beach

Ahh, that explains it all a fair bit. Cheers. I've been reading up this afternoon and a few people have said the Multiflex is a pain, although I think using it as a shelf could be useful. Didn't think about storing the mattress. Does is fold up or something? Where does it go when driving?

It sits on top of the multiflex board, top of it sits about level with the top of the rear seat.
If the rear seat is not pushed fully back the mattress has to be strapped down otherwise it slips backwards
when you pull away.

In my opinion the sleep pack is a waste of money, I specked it on my Caravelle exec and was very disappointed, the bed covering is a piece of material (not a mattress as I was told) and the blinds are different coloured bits of material that just hang down and look very cheap, I wish I had more info before I spent the £400 on it , I would rather have used the money to get proper sun shades and fitted blinds.

The bed covering is fairly thin piece of quilted fabric but we have used the sleep pack several times and found it quite comfy for a few nights.
If using more often I’m sure we’d get something better but the seats are quite good to sleep on. We just push the rear seat back to the tailgate, fold it flat, fold the second row seats flat and pull them and the table table up to the rear seat, saves the cost of the multi flex board.
The pop up blinds are fine and curtains do the job, again I’m sure there are better but our sleep pack came free with the van.
The rechargeable torch is handy too.
The cool box is a waste of space it mounts via a quick release catch on a huge slab of metal that fits in the runners, take up loads of room and rattles, I sold mine as soon as I could but again it came with the van so I’m not complaining!

It sits on top of the multiflex board, top of it sits about level with the top of the rear seat.
If the rear seat is not pushed fully back the mattress has to be strapped down otherwise it slips backwards
when you pull away.

OK, so it takes up a fair bit of space and needs strapping down, sounds a bit clumbersome.

In my opinion the sleep pack is a waste of money, I specked it on my Caravelle exec and was very disappointed, the bed covering is a piece of material (not a mattress as I was told) and the blinds are different coloured bits of material that just hang down and look very cheap, I wish I had more info before I spent the £400 on it , I would rather have used the money to get proper sun shades and fitted blinds.

That is good to know as it is exactly what I'm trying to avoid on my Caravelle Executive.

The bed covering is fairly thin piece of quilted fabric but we have used the sleep pack several times and found it quite comfy for a few nights.
If using more often I’m sure we’d get something better but the seats are quite good to sleep on. We just push the rear seat back to the tailgate, fold it flat, fold the second row seats flat and pull them and the table table up to the rear seat, saves the cost of the multi flex board.
The pop up blinds are fine and curtains do the job, again I’m sure there are better but our sleep pack came free with the van.
The rechargeable torch is handy too.
The cool box is a waste of space it mounts via a quick release catch on a huge slab of metal that fits in the runners, take up loads of room and rattles, I sold mine as soon as I could but again it came with the van so I’m not complaining!

Yeah, 480 is a lot for the Multiflex board for what it is, which is why I ask. It should be able to make you a brew in the morning too at that price. God to know your thoughts on the cooler, I'm not a fan of rattles and noises in my 2008 Kombi nevermind a brand new Caravelle!

This is the sort of thing I was expecting with the sleep pack, and what I will be looking for, for mine
£153.00

That looks pretty decent, especially price wise. Looks like it uses the 480 quid Multiflex Board though, I'll have to try and see if you can get a decent aftermarket one of them too, for a more reasonable price!

You can buy the multiflex metal end plates on ebay from Germany without the actual top board piece significantly cheaper and chop a piece of timer in there yourself ?

You can buy the multiflex metal end plates on ebay from Germany without the actual top board piece significantly cheaper and chop a piece of timer in there yourself ?

That sounds just the ticket!

99 Euros or 199 with the board! Thats off the build then...

Last edited:
Likewise with the Caravelle passenger table thread, i have the 'goodnight package' on my Caravelle which includes the flexi board on the back. It's useful as a storage shelf, but will never be used for it's intention as a bed.

I'm going to have to take it out, as our twin pram won't fit underneath it. The question is, do i keep it, and potentially use it as a shelf in years to come when the kids no longer use the pram. Or should i sell it?

What size pram have you got? I used to get two pushchairs in my Mini classic no problem. Can't you already the back seat forward more and fit it. I have ours pushed right forward at the moment.

it's a Bugaboo Donkey Twin, when fully folded it's just too tall to stand on its end with the board in place. If i move the seats forward slightly it'll fit in lenghways, but that's no use. The reason i bought the car is because i've got 2 teenagers, 2 twins with their massive isofix carseat bases, and 2 dogs. So the passenger area needs all the space it can get!

Back