Glass questions

Jamie2.0

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Would anyone be able to offer some advice on the following please?

How do I know what level of tint my factory side windows are?

If I wanted them tinted further would this be done from inside or outside?

I'm thinking of adding glass to the rear quarters of the kombi but leaving the panel intact. If I went for full limo black would I need to get the rear quarter painted black too (van is iridium grey)?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Would anyone be able to offer some advice on the following please?

How do I know what level of tint my factory side windows are?

If I wanted them tinted further would this be done from inside or outside?

I'm thinking of adding glass to the rear quarters of the kombi but leaving the panel intact. If I went for full limo black would I need to get the rear quarter painted black too (van is iridium grey)?

Thanks for any help in advance!
I can only offer you help on the last element of your question @Jamie2.0 . I have been looking into having glass bonded to my rear quarter panel as I don't want to cut it out. I have limo tint glass on kombi windows and tailgate, and have been told by two companies that the panel should be painted black beneath the glass.

Thanks @DaveyB thats what I suspected. I wondered if black vinyl would be an alternative to painting but with a suitable margin left so the window adhesive bonds to to van still.

I had rear side windows on my old T5 for a while. I ended up painting the panels black before bonding the windows on.
The main reason for painting was that if I stuck vinyl down and then bonded the window in place over it, what would happen if the heat between the two started to curl the vinyl for some reason later on. I would have hated to see a rolled edge of vinyl under the glass helpless to do anything about it except remove the glass and start again.
It may never happen, but worth thinking about.

Back