Replacing shattered tailgate glass

E7DER

VIP Member
Hi, so my T6 camper tailgate glass was smashed during the recent storms in NE Scotland. Its a camper conversion with glass from Camper Glass, the rear screen was replaced on Thursday by a well known vehicle glass company having sourced glass from Camper Glass. I jumped in the van today to use it for the first time since the repair and was initially confused by the fact that I could not see through the glass. Turns out total black out glass has been installed instead of the privacy glass as originally fitted ands as fitted through out the van. I'm waiting to be contacted by the glass fitters warranty department to resolve the honest mistake.

The total black out glass looks to have some type of matt coating applied to the inside.

I have two questions; 1) Is it possible to remove the coating and how could it be removed 2) How easy would it be for the glass installer to remove a perfectly good piece of glass without damaging paint.

Thanks

Campbell

An installer will be able to get the pane out easily and quickly without damage.

I can’t imagine a coating coming off very easily or cleanly- just let them replace it with the correct spec.

Back