Aftermarket kombi window chipped

Taylorfamily

VIP Member
Hi , looking for advice….
Yesterday I had n/s,o/s and rear windows fitted in my 6.1 van , after the install I found the corner of the n/s top the glass is chipped, really disappointed the installer didn’t see this before it was fitted (so he said) he has offered to supply a strip to cover this up ! I would of liked the whole window replaced but he said it will damage the van and does not want to go down that route! He said it’s tinted all through and won’t deteriorate over time ! Not sure about that and as I’ve paid for new windows don’t feel I should live with damaged glass.
Feedback would be appreciated as I would prefer a replacement window with no further damage to my vehicle.
Cheers in advance. Bt. 6722738C-6B11-430F-A192-5CE7001B5206.jpeg

Glass technicians change bonded windscreens all the time - I guess there is always a risk of marking the paintwork but these guys are professional.

Perhaps get a refund for that window and find someone else.

Edited to add that inclusions in glass carry the risk of causing them to shatter once heated up and cooled down a few times. My Porsche had a window just go with a previous owner. Was parked in the sun all day, put away in the garage and in the morning drivers door window in a million pieces!

There was also a B&Q glass topped patio set that made the news a few years ago that just shattered for no reason other than faults in the glass.

I would say he doesn't want to take it out as (I understand from glass peeps) that it's a ballache.

Back