Give me strength!

Our 2year old son as autism and and has been awarded low rate dla but been told he will fall into high rate dla so blue badge will be given to us eventually once he his abit older bless him :(
Like most people I really wish I didn't need one, but it does have its perks sometimes.

Does anyone think that the detents on the doors are set incorrectly or that there should be a couple more?
It can be difficult getting out sometimes holding the door in between detents so as not to be one of those
tossers who ding the next car.

Does anyone think that the detents on the doors are set incorrectly or that there should be a couple more?
It can be difficult getting out sometimes holding the door in between detents so as not to be one of those
tossers who ding the next car.
Wouldn’t it be great if they were gripped and you needed to hold a button down on top of the door to allow it to move, you would press the button and hold it down as you pushed the door open and as soon as you let go, it grips the door to stop it opening any further.

Last edited:
Happened to me at Lego land last year with my Range Rover, someone literally took a lump of paint off my door, which was still attached to the other persons cars door! I snapped! The red mist come over me and I went to town on there car!
Eye for a eye I say, and in my opinion in this situation 2 wrongs do make a right!

I get that completely....but I'd be worried about being caught on cctv! There really are some careless/jealous b*stards in this world!:mad:

Our 2year old son as autism and and has been awarded low rate dla but been told he will fall into high rate dla so blue badge will be given to us eventually once he his abit older bless him :(
Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking.. do your son have a blue badge now?
The rules have just changed in favour of allowing people who have challenging behaviour to receive the badge.

If anyone is in doubt, ask the Citizen Advice Bureau.

Like all.. I despise door dingers, people who have no respect for others property, but it makes my blood boil when drivers try to justify this is the reason they park in parent/child bays, or disabled parking when not entitled. :mad:

Like all.. I despise door dingers, people who have no respect for others property, but it makes my blood boil when drivers try to justify this is the reason they park in parent/child bays, or disabled parking when not entitled. :mad:

Yes no need for that! I hate seeing people park in parent bays with no children!

Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking.. do your son have a blue badge now?
The rules have just changed in favour of allowing people who have challenging behaviour to receive the badge.

If anyone is in doubt, ask the Citizen Advice Bureau.
I believe the rules have changed znd will be chasing this up

Makes my blood boil too. I see it all the time....only the other day, a very smart, fit and healthy looking pair of pensioners jumped out of a lovely merc....but they had a blue badge....made me wonder how they'd got it? Flip side though is sometimes "disabled" people can be inconsiderate. I think I've mentioned it elsewhere but a mild mannered former colleague couldn't park in a cliff top car park because a guy with a blue badge was parked in a regular parking spot. There were only disabled spaces left so my colleague asked if he wouldn't mind moving into a disabled spot....he was told to get lost cos he preferred the view from a regular parking space! My very mild mannered former colleague wanted to knock the arrogant arse hole out....but he kept his cool and drove away leaving the tw+t enjoying his view! Inconsiderate w*nkers come in all shades!

We recently had an old gentleman come to us and we asked if he still drove. He replied that he'd stopped years before but tells the government he does, so that his daughter can use his blue badge to save paying for parking at work

Last edited by a moderator:
Back