Ghost or Scorpion X immobilisers on a Startline

middle-englander

T6 Guru
Hi All,

I've decided to get an immobiliser for a bit more peace of mind and have been in touch with a couple of people about the install. Ghost and Scorpion X seem very similar so I'm not bothered which one. Interestingly one company, Mobile Solutions in Derby, said that they no longer fit the Ghost due to issues they've had with it.

However they have now said that it because my steering wheel doesn't have buttons (technically it does but I've not connected them yet!) the Scorpion isn't compatible due to restrictions in the allowed buttons for the pin.

So has anybody out there got a Ghost or Scorpion on their Startline?

Thanks @Drive Wayne - though I was really after something a) without a subscription and b) no tag for the immobilizer!
Chris and I have exchanged a few messages about the Ghost already though I was trying to see if I could get an install on my drive - perhaps I will need to make the pilgrimage up to Chesterfield after all :laugh:

Thanks @Drive Wayne - though I was really after something a) without a subscription and b) no tag for the immobilizer!
Chris and I have exchanged a few messages about the Ghost already though I was trying to see if I could get an install on my drive - perhaps I will need to make the pilgrimage up to Chesterfield after all :laugh:
Especially now he has a heater in his waiting room! The peace of mind with such a system is worth having the tag!

Chris fitted the Ghost to our Startline (6.1) over a year ago,never had any issues whatsoever, you just need to get used to inputting the code before starting the van, took me a few weeks, but it gives us a great piece of mind ,that if someone did swipe our key, the van isn’t moving anywhere under its own power.

Back