Generation Six Wheel Hub Caps.

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Stu Gen Six, 8 Sep 2019.

1. Stu Gen Six

Stu Gen Six New Member

Overnight, we’ve had all 4 chrome hub caps stolen off of our Gen 6. I don’t understand why someone would take them as there can’t be much of a market for them. Does anyone know how much they are to replace?

If anyone knows or sees any being offered for sale in the Somerset/Bristol area, let me know.

2. Volkywagen

Volkywagen Spot the ball VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Sorry to hear that mate.

They won’t be cheap to replace no doubt, hence probably why they have been swiped.

Nowt safe these days

3. JimmyMac

JimmyMac New Member

Hi Stu, what did you end up doing? I have just lost two of mine after they weren't put back on properly after a tyre change.

I have just called a Van center who list £66.11 +VAT EACH!

Cheers,
    Jimmy

4. Stu Gen Six

Stu Gen Six New Member

Hi Jimmy. Sorry to hear you’ve lost yours as well.

I haven’t replaced mine yet, as I got quoted the same price from VW. I’ve got a camera up now, but am worried if I replace them, they’ll get nicked again. I have looked into just getting some centre caps (that clip into the same place on the wheel) but can’t find any that fit. I’m also wondering if there’s some way I can put some sort of locking device, when I do replace them.
    A friend of mine can get the caps trade, for £275 for 4 / £68 each, but it’s still a lot of money.
    There’s also a guy on eBay selling two for £35.50 each + postage, however they are off a beetle & have a different part number. They’re also from 18” wheels, so I can’t see why they won’t fit.

5. JimmyMac

JimmyMac New Member

Thank you so much for your response. What a shame you don't feel like you can replace them.

What are the part numbers for the Gen6 vs the Beetle? I only need two but it might be a bit of a risk unless I know for sure they are the same; I know that in some instances, parts can be the same with different numbers.

6. T6180

T6180 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Im not to sure how they attach but I'm guessing it's the same method as steel centre caps if this is the case the difference between a T6 and the beetle version could be the beetle ones might be 5x112 PCD

7. Stu Gen Six

Stu Gen Six New Member

We will replace them eventually, probably after we move house. The area we live in at the moment is getting hit quite hard for vehicle crime.
    The part number I was given for the van caps is
    W7ЕО 601 149 AQ ZQ
    The part number for the Beetle ones on eBay is 5C0601149 CQ ZQ

8. Stu Gen Six

Stu Gen Six New Member

Thanks for the info, I think you’ll probably right.

Tags: