Fuel tank capacity

I ordered an 80 litre tank but am convinced it has come with a 70 litre. I've never managed to fill it past late 60's.

I'm sure you actually pay extra for the 80l upgrade. Is it on your invoice as an added cost?

Then going on the information on here and the internet, it should be a 70l. I'd be asking some questions to your dealer.

Not necessarily - the 80l tank is still available as a factory option to any country that allows it to be selected. Its just that VW UK reduced the options list as they said it was too confusing to customers !!!.

I suspect the order went in when the option was allowed and in the meantime the model year swapped over, so early delivery's may well have this option .

I have the larger tank on mine and when the fuel light comes on you'll only get around 65 l in, there does seem to be quite a big reserve as you can easily get another 60 miles. Driven normally ends up around 500 miles a tank.

Just read this comment after the 80l tank came up in another thread. Mines a MY18 van and again, I was told this option wasn't available, but it's something I want to do myself if the bigger tank fits. I know the tank won't be cheap, but the miles I do and the amount of time I spend in fuel stations, it's worth it.
So yes, i'd like to see any images of your 80l tank to compare.
What reg is yours?

Registered May 18 204 4motion

I'll get some pictures for you tomorrow :)

I think in reality, no one actually knows for sure the answer to this.
Some owners assume they have a larger tank, but report not ever being able to get near the 80l they are meant to hold.

I get what you are saying @mark, but it was the first thing I asked my dealer when I ordered mine in October last year, and I was told it wasn't even an upgrade they could put on the order form or system anymore.

I just needed to know if the larger tank will fit if I order one, but until someone actually tries this upgrade themselves, or a dealer has to fit one due to an order error, which I suspect they'd sooner refund the upgrade cost sooner than the hassle of fitting one, this is not going to be answered anytime soon.

I'd still like to see some pictures @ei-aprilia for comparison, against mine if you're sure it's an 80l.

If anyone needs to know for sure just pm me your vin number and I can look up the fitted tank :thumbsup:
Would also be good to confirm if the 80 l fitted in my euro 5 is the same one used as an option on the euro 6 vehicles ?

If anyone needs to know for sure just pm me your vin number and I can look up the fitted tank :thumbsup:
Would also be good to confirm if the 80 l fitted in my euro 5 is the same one used as an option on the euro 6 vehicles ?

@Zave :thumbsup:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner with this, been flat out at work. Got the van jacked up this morning but really can't get any use able photos as I'm too close to the van it really needs to go on a ramp for proper perspective and shape of the tank. If its any help it looks longer than the tank fitted to my last T6, I reckon that's where the extra 10 litres is. There's a tank on ebay at £125 worth a punt.?

Ian

T6 TD blue motion 2015.
We were driving back from France and missed the last petrol station. Petrol had been on red for ages before and then as soon as we drove into the tunnel it went to 5 miles and then to 0 as we drove onto it! But nervous we wouldn’t make it off the train but luckily the garage was just on the side as we got off.
Managed to put 83 litres into the tank! And made it home!

Remember though, running a Euro 6 with fuel light on seems to prevent active regens. So maybe not so good for long term health of your DPF. Especially with town driving.

how many liters does your van take when it’s saying 50miles to empty. Mine only takes just under 60litres and is only giving me 350-400 miles. It’s a 150 Manual

Back