Fuel tank capacity

Thats because the configurator is German based, just translated for uk - If you look at the UK pricelist it's missing along with a few others.

Your right, i just checked, yet is still an option for the chassis cab.

Wasn't an option when I ordered mine but would definitely have ticked the box at the time.

i took the 80 litre option to help with the single source of fuel for heater/cooking (Wallas XC duo) I think it'll even pay itself back (eventually) when paying lower disesel prices before crossing borders in Europe.. :)

I'm thinking of all the money I will save in the long run with 1 less stop for fuel and food every 7 fills. haha! Plus extra fuel for the heater. :)

I looked up a fuel tank to see how much they are, this is the 80L tank from my euro 5 van (may not be the same as the optional euro 6 80L tank)

Capture.PNG

Thanks everyone, will check with my local VW dealer if I can find out which tank has been fitted, if it’s the smaller one, can the larger tank be retro fitted?

I dont remember seeing it as an option on the T6, or at least wasn't offered it as an option........... so i suppose i have a 70ltr tank + 10ltr reserve? . . . . .or would it be a 60ltr tank + 10ltr reserve?

on the old T5 i could always drive at least another 50miles when the dash said 0miles left...before it would run dry and conk out. (nightmare occasion as i needed VCDS to prime the lifter pump after a total run dry as it wouldn't restart after chucking some derv in the tank)

and most times the fuel pump said 70-80ltrs on a full fill up. . . .

ill have to let the T6 run down to the 0 on the dash....then give it some miles and then refill and see what it takes....

I got the 80l tank on my 17 plate T6, a no brainer imo.

It was 67 plate vans onwards apparently that this option was removed, just like the best colour :(

I'd be happy to pay £370 for an 80lt tank and install it myself if it fits in the same hole, and everything is plug and play.
Are there any diagrams @Pauly for comparison?

That’s a good question and I’m not sure of the answer or if it’s possible to find out ??
Etka just has generic pictures (often of a T5) with a lost of part numbers for the different variants

As I bought my van second hand I didn’t have a choice regarding the size of the tank. I have been on a run up to London and back and I refilled the tank when it hit the half way mark, and it took very nearly 40 litres. Looking at the shape of the tank from underneath and a ‘for sale’ tank on e Bay I am fairly sure that I have an 80 litre tank, mystery solved. Thanks for the help.

looks like i got my answer.

let the van run down to 0 miles on the MFD, then went another 15 or so miles before filling up.

the pump let me put in 65 ltrs before clicking off!!!

so i defo got a 70ltrs tank........

prob lets you go down to the 60ltr mark giving you the 0 miles warning, then 10ltrs reserve.

Bummer! . . . the old T5 would let me fill it up with 80ltrs... (70ltrs to the 0miles warning, then another 10ltrs reserve . . . . . 80ltrs total)

I have a My18 with an 80 litre tank, would it help if I took some pictures? Not sure how good they'd be unless the van was on a ramp though.

I have a My18 with an 80 litre tank, would it help if I took some pictures? Not sure how good they'd be unless the van was on a ramp though.

Just read this comment after the 80l tank came up in another thread. Mines a MY18 van and again, I was told this option wasn't available, but it's something I want to do myself if the bigger tank fits. I know the tank won't be cheap, but the miles I do and the amount of time I spend in fuel stations, it's worth it.
So yes, i'd like to see any images of your 80l tank to compare.
What reg is yours?

Diesels used to get an 80 when Euro 5 then a 70 plus adblue tankqhen it switches to euro 6, patrols don’t have adblue so assume this is why they retain the 80

There's still the fact that non UK countries are getting 80l tanks on diesels, meaning there must be an 80l fuel tank and 10l adblue tank configuration.

I ordered an 80 litre tank but am convinced it has come with a 70 litre. I've never managed to fill it past late 60's.

Back