Fuel Gauge Not Working And Component Protection.

Post some pictures and well see if we can help.

The connector may be hiding under the flooring/carpet?.

What's the full van spec?

It’s an October 2015 T28 BMT 180bhp DSG Highline panel van.
I’ve changed the double passenger seat for a single but that’s about it..

Ok. Just caught up... disconnct the plug from the tank...

And test both lots of cables...

From the loom.... and the tank side....

Let's see what readings u get.

I haven’t had time to drop the tank..
I disconnected the cable at the point where it goes through the floor to the tank.. and tested to see if it had power. That’s the pic of my multimeter with the reading .. not sure if that’s the correct power output?

Also I can’t understand it, is there 2 pumps? One in the sender unit and one elsewhere? I tried testing the 2 thicker wires for the in tank pump and couldn’t find a power reading? I had the ignition on and surely the pump would have been making a noise?

The lift pump in the tank runs for a few seconds when you open the driver’s door then stops until the engine is running. There is another high pressure fuel pump on the engine.

The lift pump in the tank runs for a few seconds when you open the driver’s door then stops until the engine is running. There is another high pressure fuel pump on the engine.
Ok thanks,
Do you know the location of the 410 Earth connection 1?
I seem to think that may be at fault here.. apparently the outside temp sensor runs uses the same earth point and that sensor is showing -21 most of the time and I’ve replaced that with new..

Br/ws is the chassis ground via the main loom...

You should have less than 5ohms to ground.

The pump should show voltage across the two terminals when engine running.... 12v-14vdc.

Screenshot_20190525-211914_Word.jpg

Back