T6.1 fuel gauge showing empty after removing sender unit to fit diesel heater

Gavt6.1

VIP Member
Hi

I dropped the fuel tank to fit a diesel heater and am now showing as no fuel on the gauge. there is fuel in there though. Took everything back out and made sure there were no obstructions and the sender float was working correctly. I downloaded the fuse locations to check fuses but what I think to be the fuse (14) for the fuel system isn’t in the fuse box. I didn’t remove it so I must have the wrong fuse location. It could be me but the sender unit sounds louder than it did so not sure if I’ve stuffed it taking it out. Any suggestions on what this issue is? Cheers

Are you 100% sure the down pipe is not obstructing the sender unit. Fairly common error if pipe is not routed properly.

Are you 100% sure the down pipe is not obstructing the sender unit. Fairly common error if pipe is not routed properly.
I don’t think so as I fully pushed the sender down and then shaped the down pipe so it didn’t touch the sides of the unit.

When I tried to make a labelled fuse diagram for my 6.1 I did find some fuses not in the places the diagram suggests. I think what happens is if the fuses are shown in one of the clip on extra holders, but your van doesn't need the fuses that go in the already present spaces in the holder, then they don't bother with the extension and put that block in the main holder.

See if you can find a block of 4 fuses that have moved to another location by identifying the fuse ratings.

When I tried to make a labelled fuse diagram for my 6.1 I did find some fuses not in the places the diagram suggests. I think what happens is if the fuses are shown in one of the clip on extra holders, but your van doesn't need the fuses that go in the already present spaces in the holder, then they don't bother with the extension and put that block in the main holder.

See if you can find a block of 4 fuses that have moved to another location by identifying the fuse ratings.
Thank you.

If I remember right the down pipe is on the outside of the sender unit not down internally
Yep I put mine down the outside of it. I think I’ve sorted it and now showing fuel. I don’t know if it’s me being over sensitive now I’ve had a problem but the sender unit seems to buzz more than it did. Should these be silent? Probs the same as it was before but now I’m listening for issues I’m doubting myself!

Back