Fuel Gauge Reading

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have just returned from a trip to Spain. Last month i went to Austria twice.

When I fill up to the max the Fuel gauge does not appear to move from Full for between 60-100 miles:especially on the motorway. Then slowly starts to work as planned. The range of the van sometimes changes as I drive or not.

Is this normal?

I'm asking cos when I 1st got the van from new I did have a stuck fuel gauge and they sorted it.

normal, as if you overfill and brim it. . . (pump clicks off)

you will have un-metered fuel in the filler neck.

that will easily give you 50+ miles, before the fuel float starts to drop and register a gauge reading drop.

normal, as if you overfill and brim it. . . (pump clicks off)

you will have un-metered fuel in the filler neck.

that will easily give you 50+ miles, before the fuel float starts to drop and register a gauge reading drop.
I do always brim it on a long journey TBF.

Interesting!

I've had similar issues. Sometimes when I park the Van with like 1/4 of a tank of fuel or just under, I'll come back to the van a few days later and have 0 miles and on the last bar of fuel.

I've parked on concrete to check I don't have a fuel leak and its not that.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cant tell if my Vans secretly driving without me, or if its a fuel gauge issue, or maybe a diesel heater issue?

Diesel heaters are normally tapped off the main tank.

So will use fuel over time.

Interesting!

I've had similar issues. Sometimes when I park the Van with like 1/4 of a tank of fuel or just under, I'll come back to the van a few days later and have 0 miles and on the last bar of fuel.

I've parked on concrete to check I don't have a fuel leak and its not that.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cant tell if my Vans secretly driving without me, or if its a fuel gauge issue, or maybe a diesel heater issue?
Depends on the heater consumption. I have a Wallas XC Duo and I never notice the fuel consumption on the fuel gauge, it’s mL / night not litres.

Diesel heaters are normally tapped off the main tank.

So will use fuel over time.
I parked up with heater on full time for a week in -2 to -10 in an Austrian car park. Gauge hardly move TBF. Maybe a 1/10 to 1/8 of a tank.

Back