Front & Rear VW badges

I find gentle heat on the 3m tape helps with removal. Then to finish with alcohol spray.

I removed my rear badge with credit cards, fishing wire and LOTS of care. It takes a while and is hard. Sprayed and lacquered the black bit. To stick it back on I used numberplate stuff from Halfords.

Done mine today, managed to get front badge off by just undoing 4 plastic slam panel fittings on grill top and working in the space behind. Used a trim tool to open each clip then held them open with small pieces of plastic (maybe 8 in total) no breakages, 20 mins , well happy :)

Did anyone find out if this was possible? I love the idea!
In my experience I would have one 3D printed to the correct size. Issue I have found is that salt damage is terrible regardless of ceramic.

Reactions: LDZ
easy too. That took 6 coats with about half an hour between each.
Did the logo on my Astra steering wheel too... stops it blinding me when the sun hits it from the window. Had to cover the entire inside of the car tho as it does get everywhere.

Reactions: LDZ
Both my badges on my T6 front and back are clipped on. I thought somewhere would have sold black Matt rear badges somewhere with clips without having to spray

Yeah they're everywhere and ready to get hold of. I just did my front VW badge in blue. Not too many of those around.

Morning guys I have just replaced both my front and rear badges on my t6.1 with gloss black ones bought both together from company called vanstyle for £32 came in post in 48hrs
front one clips off you leave the back plate on and clip the new gloss front over it easy
rear one is stuck on so I used dental floss to remove it slowly then removed all sticky residue dryed it and stuck new badge on it comes with tape to apply already fitted

Vanstyle got stock but they're £35 inc delivery

Transporterhq and veedub transporters much cheaper but no stock

Anyone know any other reputable vendors of Matt black for a T6?

Cheers

Is it possible to prise the silver VW part off the rear badge, without breaking it? I saw a van and it was missing but the black background part was still there. I would like to have a go at painting one.

Is it possible to prise the silver VW part off the rear badge, without breaking it? I saw a van and it was missing but the black background part was still there. I would like to have a go at painting one.

Yes it is - if you're careful and take your time.

Photo shows where the silver part clips onto what is normally the black part.

Good luck...

Logo - rear (2).jpg

Back