Front & Rear VW badges

Is it possible to replace the big silver VW badges with aftermarket black ones or are they painted? All I can find is a plethora of T5 variants on the net.

Cheers

The front badge clips into the grille with several catches around the outside, i assume the rear is stuck on like all the other rear badges
I will enquire a price tomorrow for replacements just to see how much they are

There are a lot of youtube videos to look at, but because it is rubber, it holds itself onto the surfaces and breaks(peels) naturally at seams etc. and can be simply peeled off on bits not required.

Just an idea, tho probably someone has done it before, looking at Loz's badge with mesh behind it, anyone lit it up from behind? Could look good with a colour?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my front one wrapped in black vinyl anlong with the chrome Highline grill strip, fiddly to take off but looks really good for it.

View attachment 4813
@mhill nice looking front end :inlove: you said you had it wrapped, did you do it or somebody else? I thought about taking the grill strip off but I'm guessing you need to cover it otherwise you'll be able to tell something's missing?

Back