French Tolls

Vwgirl87

So we're off to France for a couple of weeks in the van for the first time soon but having never taken the van (or a car for that matter) over there we're trying to work out what the toll cost is likely to be

At the moment our plan is very lose in terms of where we are going but a rough plan would be arrive Calais and then end down near Morzine stopping along the way and the same in return

Anyone been down that way recently and can give us a steer on how much we're looking at?

Thanks

So we're off to France for a couple of weeks in the van for the first time soon but having never taken the van (or a car for that matter) over there we're trying to work out what the toll cost is likely to be

At the moment our plan is very lose in terms of where we are going but a rough plan would be arrive Calais and then end down near Morzine stopping along the way and the same in return

Anyone been down that way recently and can give us a steer on how much we're looking at?

Thanks

I travel up and down France in my Motorhome, which I think might be a more expensive class than a T6, but cannot recall.
Anyway, I use a toll tag, which automatically lets you through the tolls without the need to keep stopping and paying, then bills you the next month.
In the years i've been using the tag, and bare in mind that i've used the tolls to go from North to South and back again, and the most i've been billed is around £170 for 2 weeks use.

There is a website somewhere I think, that has all the toll costs, when you enter your exact routes.

Its a bit of a guess from me !
I usually drive right through country on A75 stopping on way at various view points costs about £60 tolls.
If i go via Toulouse its about £30

Been down your way but to Lyon £40 ish

think i saw a toll calculator somewhere !
Sorry
I dont usually care, makes such a difference in time !

There are some instances and sure there a web site that tells you which junctions to come off at to reduce toll cost

I use Tolls & Vignettes: buy online | TOLLTICKETS

You can buy vignettes for the rest of Europe too.

Unless you have a very long journey it sometimes way better avoiding the main toll roads but they vary on where you are...e.g. going from Geneva to Annecy costs a bomb...for such a short journey.

Calais to Geneva was about €70 ish last time I did it all on the péage. I usually get off at Dole and avoid the tolls from there into the alps.

again read somewhere
One of my usual sections is a 7hour stretch of toll road !

I remember we come off at Clermont-Ferrand pay the toll drive round the island and back on the same way and it knocks 50 euros off the total road toll section.

There is a site for that info
I'll try and find it for you

about €80 but one thing that saved loads of time was the toll tag, it let lets you sail through the tag lane (the 30kmh lorry lanes are clear at the weekends) and over the length of the journey we save an hour in queues.
If you want one, you can get a discount with this link Emovis Tag UK

about €80 but one thing that saved loads of time was the toll tag, it let lets you sail through the tag lane (the 30kmh lorry lanes are clear at the weekends) and over the length of the journey we save an hour in queues.
If you want one, you can get a discount with this link Emovis Tag UK

I looked at potentially changing from ATMB to Emovis after all the hassle ATMB caused last week. I'm assuming it's just a different provider, as in you order a new tag, and just close your account on the old ATMB one.

Edit:

Ignore that, the charges are 5 euros each month its used, I pay 1 euro. They charge 10 euros to apply, mine was free. They also charge 6euros annually, mine is free, and 20euros refundable deposit, when mine was also free.

Get a toll tag!!! If you are under 2m (remember any bikes on a rack) and have a tag you can miss any queues and wizz through the auto barriers at 30kph.
Was sanef now... Emovis Tag UK

That's a handy site @In a state . Just used it for German Plakette city emission zone thingy. French toll road transponder thingy. A years swiss dual carriageway road tax!!. Would have got the French city emission thingy too already got that. Looks like a great one stop shop website for all your thingy needs. Thanks for the tip.

(Cant wait until it gets even more complicated driving to the continent, post brexit).

If you choose not to use the Autoroute, remember that loads of speed limits have been lowered and are being vigorously enforced.

We’ve started avoiding the tolls if possible. I can get from the channel to Pau in a day & a half towing a boat without touching the peage. Some sections of autoroute are free, usually around the larger cities. If you have a Discover media satnav, set it to “avoid toll roads”. You get to see more of the country side, buy cheaper diesel & food etc. We use aires & P4N on the way down & back. We did the same when we went skiing in Jan, didn’t pay a penny in tolls until Italy.
Most of the French tolls are now unmanned, sometimes we go through as class 1, other times class 2, the limit seems to be 2m, so we are just on the cusp.

Went to Morzine via Calais biking last year, and it cost £150 in tolls there and back.

Via Michelin is what you want, register your vehicle and it will work out a total cost for the journey including fuel

BDEA960C-8D15-4531-905D-FC11809B3BED.png

I used to drive from the uk to Spain throw France and using the vehicle sat nav would have a bill of £230-£240 however I downloaded co-pilot on my iPhone and doing the same amount of miles and around about the same time driving I got my toll fees down to £23-£24 , Co-Pilot has a use tolls only when needed feature so would strongly recommend using it if traveling throw France After having BMW VW VOLVO and Mercedes car all with sat nav fitted none of then have a feature where you can only use tolls when needed

Back