France opens tomorrow

Neil Nicholls

Approaching 100k
T6 Guru
I have read the France is open to tourists from tomorrow 15th June.
Is anybody going ? or have plans to go ?

I think that rule will be dropped very quickly.
As much as I am trying to avoid watching the news at the moment, I did see a clip of people coming in off a plane, with absolutely no idea that they are supposed to isolate at all. They had been given no information at all.

I think that rule will be dropped very quickly.
As much as I am trying to avoid watching the news at the moment, I did see a clip of people coming in off a plane, with absolutely no idea that they are supposed to isolate at all. They had been given no information at all.
I have a week in July booked off but no where booked. I am waiting to see what happens at the beginning of July and hope to travel to France

I have just this minute booked Eurotunnel for the 1st Sept. they are offering full refunds for cancellations up to travel on the 15th Sept so thought nothing to loose and secure the cheap tickets before they go.
fingers crossed......

From what I have read, mostly published yesterday and today, they are saying no quarantine.
I can`t wait to get away from the madness here. Might take a trip later next week.

Quarantine for 2 weeks is sadly still the current government advice.

Quarantine for 2 weeks is sadly still the current government advice.

True, but I think this will change very soon. If they don`t tell people arriving into the country, how are they supposed to know ?
I suppose it would be ok so long as I feel the need to protest, and smash some of our history up.
Anyway, I am happy to stay away until it changes

According to this site campsites open on 22 June. Also says that quarantine is a possibility.
But this site is still saying that " Visitors from the UK are no longer subject to travel restrictions, but must quarantine for two weeks upon arrival in France. " Hopefully this will change soon but not yet as I read it.

But this site is still saying that " Visitors from the UK are no longer subject to travel restrictions, but must quarantine for two weeks upon arrival in France. " Hopefully this will change soon but not yet as I read it.
France is imposing reciprocal requirements for visitors from UK, so soon as UK scrap the 14 day quarantine period France will do the same, life in France is getting back to normal but best to carry a mask if shopping,

Ha ha ha! So you have 14 days of quarantine either end! That's another month in quarantine. I hope you're staying for a couple of months toake it worthwhile!

The quarantine at France is voluntary.
The quarantine Uk end seems to be a farce, with people arriving, having no idea they are even supposed to.

Watch what's just happened in NZ. We're virus free until two women flew in from London yesterday.
Obviously you should be free to go if you want and I'm sure the sites will all be fully open. It's only France after all. Let us know how you get on.

Too late for our annual soiree to the Alps on bikes. We'd be there about now scratching the alpine twisties. Its the 'holiday' every year I look forward to. I've ridden my bike approx once since lockdown. I love France. It's a brilliant country and the Alps (French) are full of empty sweepers. God, I'm getting withdrawals.

Having read other threads in the past about some booking by phone and getting away with a 'car' booking for their camper i was wondering if anyone has any practical advice with regards to Eurotunnel bookings. Have travelled through many time in SUVs and smaller cars... Irony is that my SUV was as big as the van...

Any advice appreciated. thx.

T
The quarantine at France is voluntary.
The quarantine Uk end seems to be a farce, with people arriving, having no idea they are even supposed to.
This is a useful site to get clear info on any restrictions travelling to France.
Confirms what Neil Nichols is saying i.e. " Travellers arriving from the UK, whatever their nationality, are asked to go into a voluntary 14-day quarantine when the British 14-day quarantine measure actually comes into force, i.e. on 8 June. "
Edited out last sentence as no longer relevant!

Last edited:
Having read other threads in the past about some booking by phone and getting away with a 'car' booking for their camper i was wondering if anyone has any practical advice with regards to Eurotunnel bookings. Have travelled through many time in SUVs and smaller cars... Irony is that my SUV was as big as the van...

Any advice appreciated. thx.
It really isn’t worth the gamble, book it as a campervan. They can get really upset if they catch a campervan pretending to be a car, it isn’t so much the description but the onboard gas bottles they get upset about. If they are in doubt you get directed to a special lane on the left after control where you get inspected.
We have a few times been sent in this lane even though booked as a camper - they just want to check the gas bottles are turned off.

Too late for our annual soiree to the Alps on bikes. We'd be there about now scratching the alpine twisties. Its the 'holiday' every year I look forward to. I've ridden my bike approx once since lockdown. I love France. It's a brilliant country and the Alps (French) are full of empty sweepers. God, I'm getting withdrawals.

We also have had to abandon our annual MTB trip to LesGets/Morrzine.
Gutted as its great fun dashing across France in the van and then smashing mountain tracks all day using an uplift.
We are booked for a months camping in France for all of August.
We are just waiting to see what the sites measures are before we commit to the final payment.

Back