Be aware, you can never be too careful

Bobby Turkalino

Relocations Estimator
T6 Guru
Am in France bringing back a customer returning to UK.

Parked up outside Montelimar and woke up as someone was in the cab. Thought it was the boss going for a pee but saw cab door was open.

Turns out he may have not locked the door and some scroates had his phone and took about 80 euros from us both. Plus credit cards and other stuff we have cancelled them but had we lost both phones we could not get the GMR code to get back.

In over 20 years he's never been robbed driving all over Europe, thankfully we weren't attacked but security is important make sure you're all locked when turning in....stay safe

In a similar vein, a neighbour's car got nicked from their drive yesterday at 18:30 - I caught the scrote on my doorbell camera simply stroll up their front door, open it and take the keys off a side table :rolleyes:

I am of course now worried for the van and looking at trackers / immobilizers!

Am in France bringing back a customer returning to UK.

Parked up outside Montelimar and woke up as someone was in the cab. Thought it was the boss going for a pee but saw cab door was open.

Turns out he may have not locked the door and some scroates had his phone and took about 80 euros from us both. Plus credit cards and other stuff we have cancelled them but had we lost both phones we could not get the GMR code to get back.

In over 20 years he's never been robbed driving all over Europe, thankfully we weren't attacked but security is important make sure you're all locked when turning in....stay safe
Whereabouts at Montelimar? Pass through there twice a year en-route to Carpentras. Might be handy to know where not to stop......

It's the Shell services northbound just before Montelimar on the A7. We tried to park in the secure compound but it wouldn't accept my card. We're in a 61 plate Mercedes lorry so would imagine they just try all the doors out of chance that the boss left his open. Last night we drove to Laon and parked in the car park of a buffalo grill and used 5 spaces as there was no way we were parking in services. Slept well after a good meal and now home and dry.

Back