Formula 1 - Car Racing, Silverstone, Woodlands.

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton , The real World Champion !!!!! Congrats to Max too ! He may be the official Champion this year, but Hamilton was cheated ! :mad:
Don’t agree, Merc couldn’t have done anything else but keep him out, Max is some pilot all the same , and was first one over the finish line

Hamilton is class, showed it at the end. No stomping off stage in a strop like the Dutch child. Great season but the FIA need an overhaul. Geri is going to gey a good seeing to tonight from Horner who is a bit of a dick in my book.
Just saying....

Don't really do F1, I did watch it however, did Mercedes not slip up by leaving Hamilton out on old tyres. Respect to Hamilton for congratulating Verstappen.
Prefer MOTO GP
Mercedes in my opinion did everything spot on ! As did Lewis , the problem is the race director Mr Massi.

Congratulations to both teams involved and also the marketers of F1.
People have been turning off to someone who has dominated the sport for a long time.
However today proved one thing....
To to win a title you need.
An awesome pit crew
Strategy
The Fia (fixed it again)

To decide who wins the crown.
If this race had run on equal terms I have no doubt who would have taken it.

Max will be a dominant driver in years to come, However today he was heavily subsidised.
Im not a fan of Hamilton off the track but today he really did have an extraordinary set of circumstances against him.

Up until the race director changed his mind and contradicted himself , everybody in the world including Red Bull and Max new they were beaten, fairly and squarely .

The race director purely CHANGED the outcome to try and PROMOTE F1, make a dramatic end to a race just for entertainment purposes dis regarding the sport ,the teams, and the fans. SHAMBOLIC .
I feel for Hamilton ,he has conducted himself in a truly professional way as did his father. ...... Yes the result may stand, and Red Bull and Max will not be bothered in the way they won, but the fans will always remember...............

Last edited:
Up until the race director changed his mind and contradicted himself , everybody in the world including Red Bull and Max new they were beaten, fairly and squarely .

The race director purely CHANGED the outcome to try and PROMOTE F1, make a dramatic end to a race just for entertainment purposes dis regarding the sport ,the teams, and the fans. SHAMBOLIC .
The sentiment of let them race is something that appeals to the masses and something Redbull as a team played a master stroke on today. Fresh tyres and 1 lap to go is a total no brainer.
Mercedes have let Hamilton down today which is why the appeals are pouring in.
If any of us stood any chance of taking a tiny advantage into a world championship we'd take it.
Masi is a bit of a joke and will probably end up on the scrap heap.
However let's hope that this focuses and increases the intensity of next year's championship.

:sleep: It was more fun 30 years ago when there was more risk and less money.

Reactions: .50
:sleep: It was more fun 30 years ago when there was more risk and less money.
1991 I'd have been 11 years old but I can remember Senna taking that title in front of a very small but very deep 14 inch colour TV with my dad.
I've come through the honda institute looking at the engine that was displayed at the time in their training premises.
Will we look back in another 20 or 30 years saying the same thing as you are now ?
In the current days this has been a stand out year no matter the result or era.

How many times have we seen a lead diminished to nothing under the safety car in BTCC? If they hadn't let the lapped cars go, I reckon they would have all pulled aside as soon as they crossed the stripe with a lap to go anyway. They would have been blue flagged and I sure they would have wanted to see the one lap shoot out.

It's not over yet, complaints have been lodged by Mercedes (and rightly so) If the FIA are man enough , Hamilton should be awarded the win............
What ever happens it's a sad day for Formula 1, the world was watching and they have messed up. :(

What would we have been talking about if the lapped cars hadn't been pulled out, then got into a tangle with Max under blue flags?

Back