Formula 1 - Car Racing, Silverstone, Woodlands.

Got to say that some of Verstappen's behaviour this season has been very unsavoury to say the least, induced contacts and collisions, failing to check on his fellow driver when he has literally driven over the top of him, walking off the podium after the result hasn't gone his way. Can't say anything similar about Hamilton. I don't think Verstappen deserved to win the Championship at all given the above. He is a bit of a hothead who will hurt someone badly eventually the way he is going.....

Got to say that some of Verstappen's behaviour this season has been very unsavoury to say the least, induced contacts and collisions, failing to check on his fellow driver when he has literally driven over the top of him, walking off the podium after the result hasn't gone his way. Can't say anything similar about Hamilton. I don't think Verstappen deserved to win the Championship at all given the above. He is a bit of a hothead who will hurt someone badly eventually the way he is going.....
I have to say i agree with what you are saying, but the decision here should not be based on that. Purely on the race today and the decisions made , Hamilton should be given the win . He also deserved the win.

I have to say i agree with what you are saying, but the decision here should not be based on that. Purely on the race today and the decisions made , Hamilton should be given the win . He also deserved the win.
So you don’t think Lewis should have given the place back on the first lap after gaining an advantage by leaving the track and cutting the corner?

So you don’t think Lewis should have given the place back on the first lap after gaining an advantage by leaving the track and cutting the corner?
Think you'll find he was left with nowhere to go other than off the track following a dangerous late dive by the Dutchman. Avoided the collision well....

That is an entirely different discussion , we aren't talking about the actual racing it's the decisions by the FIA race director that is the issue and the outcome it has produced.

So you don’t think Lewis should have given the place back on the first lap after gaining an advantage by leaving the track and cutting the corner

I think either driver would have done the same thing....
But let's face it the line taken really was defensive driving taken to another level.
I call that from someone who used to drive large vehicles in Central London and position them to my advantage.

The race director bottled it under lobbying from Christian Horner and effectively gave Max the championship. It stinks to high heaven. And now the stewards have rejected the protest, talk about the fox running the hen house. Saving their own skins instead of acknowledging they disregarded the rules.

That is an entirely different discussion , we aren't talking about the actual racing it's the decisions by the FIA race director that is the issue and the outcome it has produced.
He chose no action, it was definitely a race director’s decision to call mercedes and suggect he give the position back as he did the previous race.

I think its bad losers going to protest after the race.

He chose no action, it was definitely a race director’s decision to call mercedes and suggect he give the position back as he did the previous race.
That's because he forced Hamilton off , and Hamilton slowed to the rules to allow Verstappen to overtake . Max was waiting for Peres to catch up to thwart Hamilton further . Hence no action.

At the end of the day the race result should stand no matter the controversy behind it. Who would want to win from second place ?.
If I was winning for a first time it wouldn't want to be like this.

Back