Fogstar Lithium Battery

RikParr73

T6 Pro
Just installed the 105ah Fogstar battery after firstly charging to 100% via mains charger in the house (took 14 hours from 20%-100%) I switched my domtecic 12v fridge on and the next morning the battery had dropped to 72%. I switched off the fridge and left the battery to check the solar was charging it ok. Was minimal sun but could see thr capacity creep up from 72% to 75% in about 6 hours sat on the drive. I have a victron mppt 75 controller and smart shunt installed. Went back to check yesterday and battery up to 100%, however, when checking history I saw it had dropped suddenly from 105% to 73%. It then charged up again. Anyone know what's happening please?Screenshot_20230912_185409_Fogstar Drift.jpgScreenshot_20230912_185419_Fogstar Drift.jpgScreenshot_20230912_185446_Fogstar Drift.jpgScreenshot_20230912_185455_Fogstar Drift.jpg

If it's brand new it could just be the BMS calibrating itself, assuming the SOC data you are looking at is from the battery and not the shunt?

victron mppt 75 controller and smart shunt installed.
- whats does the smart shunt data show?

if the smart shunt is set correctly, . . when the battery reached 100% the Shunt will have reset to 100% as well.

so lets see some comparison screenshots of SOC from both apps.

- whats does the smart shunt data show?

if the smart shunt is set correctly, . . when the battery reached 100% the Shunt will have reset to 100% as well.

so lets see some comparison screenshots of SOC from both apps.
Just taken these now, I hadn't reset the Shunt history after removing the knackered lead acid battery though :-( I've reset it now.

If the Fogstar has only logged one charging cycle I'd give everything a couple of cycles at least to settle in.

Back