Flag Poles and Fairy lights -- "how I Done It" --

Soldering and software install? Not for me!
Could anyone recommend a good 'off the shelf' longer than 5m 'mutts nuts - donkeys wotsit' LED string for our 7 metre flagpole?
This will be our 3rd and final set! (Until the next bigger and better one obviously)
Our first set were solar, utter rubbish. Last years 10 meter string, just weren't good enough! Some folk in the forum had exactly what we're after but I'm struggling to find the current Rolls Royce of flagpole radiance longer than 5 metres, or even a link to the really really good 5m strings.
With quite a few important Forum engagements this year I really want folk to look at my pole in wonder and awe!
Does such a thing exist? Is it just connecting two 5 meter ones together? Do we just do the middle 5m, gap at top and bottom? I would so love a long one. It can be mains powered or 12 volt whatever is betterer!
@roadtripper have you got any 7m 'offcuts' you wouldn't mind offloading/creating to a fellow member in distress? This could be one of those side hustles that forum members love to spend money on!
More than happy to pass over currency or fly an RT flag!!
well these are really good. . . and easy to deploy . . just use a USB battery pack.

BUT . . . . . .

if you wanna go large. . . . . .

BUT . . . . . .

Then TWINKLEY is the way to go.

I've got 3x 250String sets.

and this year added a 600 string set.

Awesome - yes
has an APP - yes
mains powered - yes
mappable with the APP - yes
wifi - yes
bluetooth - yes
expensive - yes
worth it - hell yes

+++++++++++

1706461569580.png1706461578636.png1706461631918.png1706461624757.png1706461618143.png1706461609779.png1706461603271.png1706461596778.png

check em out:

+++
250 string, black, 20m

+++

1706461717451.png

+++

Twinkly Strings - Christmas Lights with 400 RGB LEDs - Indoor and Outdoor Fairy Lights - Christmas Decorations - App-Controlled Lighting, Black Wire, 32m​

+++

Twinkly Strings - Christmas Lights with 600 RGB LEDs - Indoor and Outdoor Fairy Lights - Christmas Decorations - App-Controlled Lighting, Black Wire, 48m​

+++

BUT . . . . . .

Then TWINKLEY is the way to go.

I've got 3x 250String sets.

and this year added a 600 string set.

Awesome - yes
has an APP - yes
mains powered - yes
mappable with the APP - yes
expensive - yes
worth it - yes

+++++++++++

View attachment 227421View attachment 227422View attachment 227428View attachment 227427View attachment 227426View attachment 227425View attachment 227424View attachment 227423

check em out:

+++
250 string, black, 20m

+++

View attachment 227429

+++

Twinkly Strings - Christmas Lights with 400 RGB LEDs - Indoor and Outdoor Fairy Lights - Christmas Decorations - App-Controlled Lighting, Black Wire, 32m​

+++

Twinkly Strings - Christmas Lights with 600 RGB LEDs - Indoor and Outdoor Fairy Lights - Christmas Decorations - App-Controlled Lighting, Black Wire, 48m​

+++
and if you wanna get them dancing to the tunes. . . .

Twinkly Music USB Dongle for use Lights, Create Unique Light Effects in sync with Music​

1706461882944.png

Be very careful if you have the festoon Twinkly system - there is a substantial batch delivered with 1.5mm o rings not 2mm and they are filling up with water. Twinkly being very good with warranty support but worth checking at the stage that's just sending out a bag of o rings rather than lots of replacement lamps.

If you fancy addressable LED simply there are lots of good basic controlled out there, I just find most of them have hugely frenetic patterns as beloved of the east rather than subtle ones I like.

I prefer not to use the ones that require an app as the day job makes me very wary of Chinese heritage apps - and most of them are awful. If you want app based the more proprietary Twinkly is a much better bet.

Personally I just like to build my own in much the same way that some folks prefer to do thier own furniture.

Will try and find some time to start a how I done it thread and dig around to see if I took decent video of the tree.

OK, flagpole lights V3. Wifey realised she hadn't bought me a Valentines prezzie (God forbid if I ever forgot her!) These guys turned up today and they are exactly what I wanted! 5m, I can live with that, very bright and colourful, more importantly they didn't cost me £55. They will cover the middle 5m of our 7m flagpole, attached with reusable velcro straps. Sorted...

20240316_210648.jpg

20240316_211612.jpg

Back