Fitting rear speaker loom

Yes mate, send me a pm and we can sort it but wont be until after the weekend as im not around the office until monday earliest

Likewise @Pauly , can you let me know how much for the connectors and a decent length of cable attached to them (inc postage), am thinking of installing my rear speakers by the tailgate. Cheers :)

[EDIT] I see further up the post it's £10 + a bit of postage, if you can confirm a price I can PayPal you some money over :)

Last edited:
If all you are doing is adding rear speakers then all you need is some speaker wire with the crimp connectors on the end
There are empty terminals in the connector on the back of the radio ready to plug additional speaker wires into, these terminals are active and once connected the speakers will work.

If anyone needs some cabling to add rear speakers feel free to give me shout, costs about £10 for the cable and connectors plus a couple quid postage, just plug it in and it works

I am up for that. I looked at that loom from skipton car radio and it looks like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Also looks like it would be a bit bulky to fit.

I used Pauly’s cables (and advice!) all went well!!

Yes mate, send me a pm and we can sort it but wont be until after the weekend as im not around the office until monday earliest

Pauly, @Pauly

Any chances of getting some cables with the crimps on ready to insert into plug. Or could you point me at correct crimps so i can make cables up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening all, I have recently joined the forum after getting our first ever T6 Kombi. I will be doing some mods over coming months which invlude speakers.

Reading this thread, there is talk about extra wires and coding. Not being technically minded, is not a case of just plugging the speakers into the back of the radio and then job and finish?

Pauly, @Pauly

Any chances of getting some cables with the crimps on ready to insert into plug. Or could you point me at correct crimps so i can make cables up?
Yes send me a pm can sort this over the weekend

Evening all, I have recently joined the forum after getting our first ever T6 Kombi. I will be doing some mods over coming months which invlude speakers.

Reading this thread, there is talk about extra wires and coding. Not being technically minded, is not a case of just plugging the speakers into the back of the radio and then job and finish?
Adding rear speakers is a simple case of connecting them but there is a fader built into the headunit that can be activated after fitting extra speakers if desired but they still work without this

If all you are doing is adding rear speakers then all you need is some speaker wire with the crimp connectors on the end
There are empty terminals in the connector on the back of the radio ready to plug additional speaker wires into, these terminals are active and once connected the speakers will work.

If anyone needs some cabling to add rear speakers feel free to give me shout, costs about £10 for the cable and connectors plus a couple quid postage, just plug it in and it works
I know this is an old thread but are you still selling the cabling @Pauly ?? I want to add some rear speakers to my existing headunit. Thanks

Hi all - am new to this forum and am looking to fit a new headunit and rear speakers to a T5. How easy is it thread speaker wire down the A piller behind the glovebox to the head unit? Do you have to remove the dash fascia? Thanks

Hi all - am new to this forum and am looking to fit a new headunit and rear speakers to a T5. How easy is it thread speaker wire down the A piller behind the glovebox to the head unit? Do you have to remove the dash fascia? Thanks
Very easy
remove glovebox 5 screws, unless it’s a old one where there is 6. Remove passenger A pillar trim, remove dash speaker grill first then it makes your life very easy. head unit removal depends on if it’s a factory unit, which requires top dash tray to be removed, 2 screws facing down, then pop of front facia to reveal 4 more screws

aftermarket units can vary but can still be removed the same way as the factory unit

Very easy
remove glovebox 5 screws, unless it’s a old one where there is 6. Remove passenger A pillar trim, remove dash speaker grill first then it makes your life very easy. head unit removal depends on if it’s a factory unit, which requires top dash tray to be removed, 2 screws facing down, then pop of front facia to reveal 4 more screws

aftermarket units can vary but can still be removed the same way as the factory unit
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Do you still have this for sale mate? I'm looking to fit 2 x rear speakers using the factory standard radio. Cheers

Back