Fitting rear speaker loom

T6180

T6 Legend
I've purchase a rear plug and play speaker loom with RCA connectors. If I discount the current loom and fit the new one will I need to enter a code into the stereo after?

Also...how do I get access to the head unit?

You need to carefully prise the glossy trim panel away that surrounds it. Get a wide plastic trim tool and gradually work your way round the clips and it will pop off. The vents will come with it. After that you can just undo the 4 torx screws holding (T15 from memory?) and pull it forward.

If all you are doing is adding rear speakers then all you need is some speaker wire with the crimp connectors on the end
There are empty terminals in the connector on the back of the radio ready to plug additional speaker wires into, these terminals are active and once connected the speakers will work.

If anyone needs some cabling to add rear speakers feel free to give me shout, costs about £10 for the cable and connectors plus a couple quid postage, just plug it in and it works

Thanks pauly. I need a loom with the rca preouts too to drive a sub amp. I am making a sealed box to go under the kombi rear seats. Ta D

p.s I got discover media unit

Yes we custom looms..

However some may struggle fitting them, especially with the discovery media and other headunits as there is there little space behind the headunit,

Thanks pauly. I need a loom with the rca preouts too to drive a sub amp. I am making a sealed box to go under the kombi rear seats. Ta D

p.s I got discover media unit

What amp are you using?

I've seen this on a FB forum

vw t6 rear speaker loom

It was mentioned on a FB forum post, I can add you too if you want me too, the guy on there states

“The harness I made is an oem grade fully populated harness with 4 working pairs of speaker outputs wired safely and correctly so each speaker gives the stereo a 4 ohm load.

The factory stereo has 4 pairs that all output. What they don't do is add the pins or wiring to the quadlock plug. What my harness does is simplify adding the individual pins to the plug.

It works 1f601.png the outputs work but you won't get a fader unless you pay someone with vagcom to activate the rears.

The output works, you pay vw to activate the fader. I have sold hundreds of these cables without a single customer complaint”

Does anyone have any tips for routing rear cables to behind the side panels in a kombi twin slider? All panels out and ready to go, nowhere obvious to run them, I’m wondering if somewhere down the rear seatbelt locations? Cheers.

Easiest route is prob all the way to rear and down the Dpillar then forwards to speakers ?

I had some rear speakers fitted from peter at Skipton car radio , also re coded my stereo for fader. Top job and did not charge me a great deal for fitment, I left it to the experts as I wasn’t confident enough to tackle the job on my own

I have 2 spares inputs on the speaker loom for the rear speakers but cannot find the connectors required. They are a small crocodile clip which sits inside the loom.
Anyone know where I can get dome?

I can supply them with some cable so you don’t need to fiddle crimping them

Back