Amp turning on with speaker pop when opening door

billybobber

I have just installed a Pioneer GM-D1004 amplifier with plug and play harness from SCR Distribution, and Blam speakers. Whenever I open the door, with a slight delay the amplifier turns on briefly causing the speakers to pop. I checked the grounds were reconnected on the doors when I installed the speakers. The pop also happens sometimes with other events like turning on the head unit, turning the ignition etc although not that consistently. Any ideas why? Maybe I have forgotten a ground connection somewhere else in he dash? The amp is wired up with an input for "control terminal of the car stereo" but no other control inputs as far as I can tell.

Thanks, I saw this but it sounded like a different issue where the amp would power down after 20 seconds. For me the amp turns on and then immediately off causing a pop. This happens about 1 or 2 seconds after opening the door. Maybe the same solution will work although you said it just made the pop quieter? Slightly reluctant to throw more money at the problem rather than removing the amp and seeing how the speakers sound...

It's the Audison USS4 that reduces or eliminates the pop no matter what causes the pop. My amp powers on when you unlock, open doors, head unit on etc then powers off after X seconds (not sure how long exactly) and the pop is a flaw with the amp design not utilising a relay to only connect the speakers after its powered up.
My hifi amps have relays so there is no pop on the hifi speakers.

Back