Hi guys

OK so new van arrived yesterday and I've removed both the factory swivels to have a weigh up

was thinking 110 banner battery under passengers with the ring 30 amp b2b under the drivers leaving enough room for incoming eberspacher pipes for a underbody install

i notice there is a fatish red wire unused under the passenger seat / taped and tied to the front fuse box

1ve always used 140 vsr splits before using 16mm2 from starter then 16mm2 to leisure battery

I've heard you dont need this thickness in a B2b setup, ring recoomend 6mm2 but i was hoping to use that fatish taped up cable - is this possible

Im sure you guys will know, and it would be a neat install

@irishwales , had my converter fit my ring dc30, he said he couldn't fit it with a 110ah banner under drivers, so put it in the safe under the passenger side.. Hoping to pick it up soon to see if it's a lash up! But be aware they are a tight fit.

got the banner in no problem under passengers hoping to put the ring under drivers because both seats swivel, if you swivel the drivers you can then access, see and use the display very easily - its just weather or not i can use that wire I've found

Not sure on wire, I did batt under drivers as the Webby underfloor under drivers puts the air out under passengers seat, so might be a consideration for the future?

Im using that cable to feed my ctek d250s under my passenger seat, it comes direct from fusebox A in engine bay under battery

Hi Pauly, do you know what fuse it has on it and do you think it will be ok on a 30amp b2b, noce neat install if it does

Fuse size varies between models, should be either a 50A or 100A
Have a read back through the other thread more details there

Euro 6 engine kicks out 15v but the b2b brings it Down to a nice safe level

Bannner battery under passenger ringcharge 30 under drivers eberspacher will fit underneath and port into drivers

Happy days

Hi All,

Does anyone have any advice where best to source the negative for the supply side of a DC/DC charger?

I’ve seen some posts somewhere suggesting not to use the starter battery negative. I have a cable in the engine bay ready to go, but not sure where best to go. There is a point underneath the passenger seat, but wasn’t sure if this was suitable?

Where the starter battery connects to the chassis looks a pain to get to.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Back