Fitting 2nd Row Seat Brackets so I can move my Kombi Bench back

Great work there. Seat belts won’t take long as the bolt holes are there on the factory kombi. Just need to get the guide holes right for the belts through the panel . Let us know if you need the measurement, as I have one at work, we’ve just done.

now think about the rear bed system doable with that seat now flat.... search "van-king"

Great work there. Seat belts won’t take long as the bolt holes are there on the factory kombi. Just need to get the guide holes right for the belts through the panel . Let us know if you need the measurement, as I have one at work, we’ve just done.
If you had a picture that would be great thanks!
Any idea where i could get a plastic cover trim piece to cover the hole like it has on the small panel on the second row seats?

Send me your email address. I’m working from home this week. But I’ll get one of the boys on it tomorrow with some measurements etc.

TPS for the plastic cover

Really make a good alternative to a rock n roll bed doesn’t it. Opens up the space well:thumbsup:
Yes it works really well, we dont currently need a bed so this makes much more sense than forking out for a rock and roll, plus it can be removed, thanks for the inspiration and help.
just thinking of making a sack truck style lifter to go underneath so i can lift the bench and move it easier between the two positions

Does anyone know a company in the northwest that will add a set of brackets and seatbelts?

I found a company called AJC conversions in Glossop who will put brackets in a van but not additional ones into a Kombi as they couldn't add the seatbelts

Can this be done with brackets and working seatbelts too?

Does anyone know a company in the northwest that will add a set of brackets and seatbelts?

I found a company called AJC conversions in Glossop who will put brackets in a van but not additional ones into a Kombi as they couldn't add the seatbelts

Sounds odd, seatbelts into the kombi is even easier than a panel van as the holes for the seatbelt bolts are all there and prepped ready to bolt the seatbelts straight in, you just need to trim the wood OEM panels to allow the belt to pass through

I'm actually after just moving the existing seats back when I go away for the weekend, my front seats are on a swivel base but the current position of the back seats is a little too close

I've also got a bed which sits on the back of the bench seat and it would be great to have that further back in the van

evening gents been reading the tread with great interest, I am putting my triple bench at the back of my swb t5 but just can’t find any info on the bracket for under the van I know one bracket bolts straight through the chassis with holes already drilled out, can any one help me please,

thanks

Hi, so glad I've found this thread. I have a factory combi and I'm looking to move our bench seat back too.
Can someone confirm if this kit on eBay is what I need? VW T5 T6 Transporter 3rd row rear seat shuttle kit seat belts & all brackets | eBay
Cheers

Hi it looks right but I paid to get mine done - for a couple of hundred more you can get someone else to do it, prime all the bare metal, and give you a certificate validating the work etc

It's made my Kombi miles more useful though so would do it again if I was given the option

DSC_0340.JPG

Hi, could I possibly get some info for the positions on fitting these belts in my SWB combi? That would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Thanks
Yes, you can fit genuine vw belts but because my van was a panel van there are no captive nuts in situ and although they can be retrofitted if the van is ply lined and carpeted it is a real ball ache - so if I ever need to carry more than one rear passenger I will simply remove the kitchen pod and move the Kombi bench back into the first row.

You’ll need these VW T5 T6 Transporter third row 2 x rear seat belts kit inc bar and D pillar nut | eBay
Well thanks to your post I’ve finally got round to doing mine. Really happy with the result and thankful I found your thread. Whilst doing the install I also fitted the MS Craft sliding swivel base for my front double. Will be retrofitting the passenger 1 and 3 belts this weekend. Since the photos were taken I’ve fitted VanX blanking caps to the row 2 fittings.

0263BD60-5FC6-4A89-B2B4-9995E58B5D84.jpeg

25D596FB-740F-4774-A3F6-4D737262CDBD.jpeg

D7BEDF08-627F-4709-AE1D-8489C69DF07E.jpeg

2DF749EF-912D-4434-B6B4-02D506252DFB.jpeg

BC797721-B2B0-40C0-A7DE-6AAE2019078E.jpeg

Well thanks to your post I’ve finally got round to doing mine. Really happy with the result and thankful I found your thread. Whilst doing the install I also fitted the MS Craft sliding swivel base for my front double. Will be retrofitting the passenger 1 and 3 belts this weekend. Since the photos were taken I’ve fitted VanX blanking caps to the row 2 fittings.

View attachment 119114

View attachment 119115

View attachment 119116

View attachment 119117

View attachment 119118
Belts now fitted, bitch of a job especially fitting the D pillar hard point. Squeaky bum time drilling 23mm holes for them.

Whilst I had the panels off also fitted twin USB ports both sides for the teenagers‍♂️

0D3CCC2E-C45E-4D9B-A913-7040440045B8.jpeg

9B359818-7B5E-498D-BAC7-315B3F0DB729.jpeg

2018AF83-E7DD-4914-82ED-A2CC75C42C17.jpeg

Hi, I have read the thread on what you guys have done on moving the 2nd row tripple seat to the 3rd row. I am about to do same with my 5.1 T30. However mine is the 4M model.

I thought it was going to a fairly easy task compared to row 2 fitment, however looking underneath the whole area looks vey congested with the rear diff. Has anyone done this mod on a 4m. Which reinforcement plates did you use. Any help will be appreciated..

Hello, been looking around the forum to see if any one has done this with the 2 + 1 set up. A lot of people talk about it but no definitive answer to say yes it can be done.

Any one know for sure having done the conversion or have pictures. Looking to do it on a 2016 factory kombi with the 2 + 1 rear seats that are currently fitted.

Thanks

Back