Bluetti, Ecoflow? Which is best??

cossie

T6 Pro
Right I am about to press go on having a Leisure style battery setup (traditional way of doing things) but before I do I am seriously considering a decent power source either Bluetti or Ecoflow with a foldable solar then just carry a camping 240v EHU Cable for when I’m on campsites.

I am coming from years of caravaning but will just be me and me lad so we really only will require power for a fridge, charging of tablet, maybe toaster then charging of lights etc. so will need a couple of usb power points and maybe a couple of 12v power points.
Hoping to go for a Plyguys setup and cook at the rear under the tailgate on pull out kitchen area with gas, then do sound deadening and insulation myself.

But I really don’t want get this wrong as once I carpet and then ply guys the walls/ceilings I don’t want to run any cables wires. @Dellmassive which would you go for gun to the head I don’t want spend more than a 1k and we will be camping away for a couple of nights to a week or two away.

Thanks in advance guys

Unless you get a used Bluetti etc. you're not going to get something under a grand that will power a toaster, they average just under a kilowatt so pulling 80 odd amps.
With a mixture of gas and a Bluetti then you should be alright but add in the folding solar panels with either fixed leisure install or the portable power box and IMHO go with a fixed installation, just leave yourself routes between the seating position and rear of the van and concentrate the thicker cables at the front of the van bearing in mind the currents required by the inverter, B2B and MPPT.
IMG20230908142756.jpg
This was the T6 forum camping at Busfest this year with a high count of fellow skinflints harvesting free electric, mine's the brown one and never dropped below 88% full over the weekend thanks to decent weather!

Thanks for the reply, it still seems best rout you have a basic leisure battery setup then add to it if you require with solar and portable power. My local convertor has quoted me close to the price of a portable power source for a basic spilt charge, leisure battery setup with couple of each charging ports in the van.

The toaster was the only item I thought I may need but could quite easy live without and do all cooking on gas…

Ridgemonkey pans are good for making toast if you get a little gas burner or Cadac unit

One thing to remember with a portable power setup is that you do have to turn the various things on, it's not "always on" like a leisure battery system. And some of them do have quite high standby consumption.

Also with a leisure battery system you can break out the power to several things (within reason) with a fusebox/switch panel. It's a bit more cumbersome to do with a portable system.

The flip side is that it's more portable so if you want to use it out in the awning you can, no need for trailing leads.

Anker have a discount on the 555 at the moment £499 on it’s own, £899 with 2 x 100w solar panels

Also keep in mind we are about to hit Black Friday season when there may be other discounts around.

Also keep in mind we are about to hit Black Friday season when there may be other discounts around.
That’s kind of why I’m asking more so as I’ve seen loads of deals. Just seen the Anker better warranty than the other brands by looks of it.

Right I am about to press go on having a Leisure style battery setup (traditional way of doing things) but before I do I am seriously considering a decent power source either Bluetti or Ecoflow with a foldable solar then just carry a camping 240v EHU Cable for when I’m on campsites.

I am coming from years of caravaning but will just be me and me lad so we really only will require power for a fridge, charging of tablet, maybe toaster then charging of lights etc. so will need a couple of usb power points and maybe a couple of 12v power points.
Hoping to go for a Plyguys setup and cook at the rear under the tailgate on pull out kitchen area with gas, then do sound deadening and insulation myself.

But I really don’t want get this wrong as once I carpet and then ply guys the walls/ceilings I don’t want to run any cables wires. @Dellmassive which would you go for gun to the head I don’t want spend more than a 1k and we will be camping away for a couple of nights to a week or two away.

Thanks in advance guys
Hi so which route did you go down ?

Back