Few Qs About The Cab.

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi guys,

Two questions today really,

The first is, are the extra door seals worth it?! and if so, whats the best link to go to online to order?! (please post below!!)

and secondly, how much better has sound proofing the front of the cab made to the noise levels?? the rear is all done... and do i use silent coat or dynamat (or whatever its called) anddddd where did you guys apply it? floor, door cards and roof? or leave the roof??

Yes I've seen @Fish soundproof the front of his cab, but i got lost and ran away from the thread when i saw the whole of the front dash stripped out!! hahaha

Ideas and past experience most definitely welcomed.

Can’t comment on the extra sound proofing but the extra door seals made a massive difference on my van, well worth doing, got mine from ebay but think they’re available from the forum shop.

Can’t comment on the extra sound proofing but the extra door seals made a massive difference on my van, well worth doing, got mine from ebay but think they’re available from the forum shop.

Extra door seals .... do they help reduce the road noise?

I have factory extra door seals on mine so i can not comment on a before and after with that one.

I have done a lot of work in the cab and doors to keep the noise down as best i could. Really happy with the results TBH. I would like to have a go in a standard kombi again now to see the difference as i am so use to mine .

@Deaky has done some fine work in his cab and documented it in his thread Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey worth a look if you have not already.

I have some shots in my thread too Kombi/caravelle

Put it this way, after I fitted them the wife commented “it seems quieter in here, have you done something?” so for her to actually notice I would definitely say yes!

Extra door seals worth every penny, bought from the forum shop.
I have put some silentcoat on the cab floor which made a small but noticeable difference.
We have the rubber floor so no thoughts on the mats.

I had the front doors stripped/insulated & dynamatted as part of my conversion. Along with the extra door seals........sounds just like a golf:)

I’ve had these for about 2 years and they are just starting to split now, would buy another set though the grooves are deep enough to catch any dirt and bits you bring into the van.
Mine are about 3years old and the only bit that has gone is the very outer edge where there is a tear joint is

Last edited:
My theory on deadening.. more is better.. understand the point of flat panels resonating but for me it was a case of "do it once, do it all and never need to go back to it.." i'll never know nor wonder if it wasn't enough because I did it all..lol.

Back