Hi ALL!

DeeGee68

T6 Pro
Hi ALL!

I placed my order doe a brand new VW Transporter T32 T6.1 4Motion SWB 6 speed manual 150PS from SMG Tonbridge in November last year. I hope to be collecting it in next week. I have been told that it is the last T32 Manual 4Motion as VW will no longer make these as a manual. I ordered the Transporter with 2 X captain chairs (swivel), diesel heater, leisure battery under passenger seat panel van. I want this to be my daily driver as I am looking to retire in the next few years and I will then convert it into a camper. I am moving from an Audi S3 to this, so it is going top be a massive change, hopefully for the better.
I joined this group hoping to get advice and assistance from members experiences so that I will be better informed on what I can do with my van avoiding heartaches that members may have experienced in their journey with their pride and joy.

I have already ordered Blackvue front and rear dash cams as it reduces my insurance premiums. Added to this i have also ordered Climber wind deflectors, dash strip with rubber door seals from Transporter HQ.
I am also looking to have windows added from Camper Glass for the sliding door and opposite side. I am in 2 minds regarding which product to use for my sound deadening. It is between Dynamat and Dodo Mat. I will be soundproofing and insulating the whole van, meaning I will be covering as much of the metal work as possible. Once I decide on the product I am going to try to soundproof the rear of the van myself but get the cab area done professionally. This will be done over time as not cheap!
I am looking to have roof rails but am not sure whether to go for genuine or from another source, such as Vanstyle. I would like to have them as profile as possible and without any additional fittings.
I will of course post photos of the once I have it and I will post photos of the van as I have products fitted.

Thank you for reading this and i hope to get ideas I can implement into my van.

ATVB!

David

Last edited:
Panch - Did you go for a manual or DSG?, I currently have an S3 and I've had it for 4 years and love it but I'm looking for a Transporter but not sure if I could go back to a manual.

Panch - Did you go for a manual or DSG?, I currently have an S3 and I've had it for 4 years and love it but I'm looking for a Transporter but not sure if I could go back to a manual.
I went for a manual as I love the interaction going through the gears. My S3 is one of the last in a manual 6 speed gearbox. Going to miss it but I am sure I have moved forward in turning to a Transporter. :)

I went for a manual as I love the interaction going through the gears. My S3 is one of the last in a manual 6 speed gearbox. Going to miss it but I am sure I have moved forward in turning to a Transporter. :)
I ended up with a manual T6, when you get out of first gear I find the gearbox really good.
Don’t miss the auto to be honest but then again I’ve not been stuck in traffic yet

Good luck with the new van, sounds lovely.
I ordered my 6.1 LWB T32 150 manual panel van in July 21 and still no sign of it.
I had a T5 Sportline and loved it but when I sold it and bought a Mercedes V Class I instantly regretted it.
I can't wait to get back to another VW.

Hi ALL!

I placed my order doe a brand new VW Transporter T32 T6.1 4Motion SWB 6 speed manual 150PS from SMG Tonbridge in November last year. I hope to be collecting it in next week. I have been told that it is the last T32 Manual 4Motion as VW will no longer make these as a manual. I ordered the Transporter with 2 X captain chairs (swivel), diesel heater, leisure battery under passenger seat panel van. I want this to be my daily driver as I am looking to retire in the next few years and I will then convert it into a camper. I am moving from an Audi S3 to this, so it is going top be a massive change, hopefully for the better.
I joined this group hoping to get advice and assistance from members experiences so that I will be better informed on what I can do with my van avoiding heartaches that members may have experienced in their journey with their pride and joy.

I have already ordered Blackvue front and rear dash cams as it reduces my insurance premiums. Added to this i have also ordered Climber wind deflectors, dash strip with rubber door seals from Transporter HQ.
I am also looking to have windows added from Camper Glass for the sliding door and opposite side. I am in 2 minds regarding which product to use for my sound deadening. It is between Dynamat and Dodo Mat. I will be soundproofing and insulating the whole van, meaning I will be covering as much of the metal work as possible. Once I decide on the product I am going to try to soundproof the rear of the van myself but get the cab area done professionally. This will be done over time as not cheap!
I am looking to have roof rails but am not sure whether to go for genuine or from another source, such as Vanstyle. I would like to have them as profile as possible and without any additional fittings.
I will of course post photos of the once I have it and I will post photos of the van as I have products fitted.

Thank you for reading this and i hope to get ideas I can implement into my van.

ATVB!

David
Nice choice I would of gone for that spec if we could of stretched to a new one.

We moved from a A6 allroad V6 remapped to around 350bhp yes we miss the luxury and pace of the Audi but the practically of the T6 is great.
My missus said she wouldnt go back to a car.
I am still thinking of remapping our 204 dsg still though

I run a T5 4mo for work and picked my genuine bars up from TPS through my local garage on their account
Enjoy

Back