Dynamat Vs Silent Coat

Notice any difference!?

Oh My F.....G GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Difference is night and day !
Ground Zero Speakers sound awesome now !
I thought putting the extra door seal made a difference

Buy This

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Was a FAffff for sure, wanted to do a little bit, converter said they had done it ! BUT Didn't

I did the sides of van before it went to them

TAP TEST

Doors not done !

Wanted put a USB in door too, so got brave.
I was expecting not to be able to get behind the skin and was settled to push in through speaker hole but un doo the bolts and pulled forward and got 99% access.
Spent all day at it
Both doors done and USB in !

Happy Boy !

I've gone through 80 sheets already and still have half the load area, one rear wheelwell and the two front doors to do. Not doing the roof as I'm getting a pop top, but I've got loads of the thermal van liner extreme left so it's going to be double layers all round (plus fleece insulation in whatever's left.)
Sound Deadening.jpg

I’m yet to do floor because I had kombi floor but I will be doing it .... and then front cab! Did roof, just because, but in future I’ll have poptop... once I have 3k to throw at it lol

I have sound proofed the combo area under the rubber mat, I just made sure it was pressed down well, rubber mat went back down no problem

Was there any discernible difference? I can't decide weather to do under the rubber mat or not.

Wanted put a USB in door too, so got brave.
I was expecting not to be able to get behind the skin and was settled to push in through speaker hole but un doo the bolts and pulled forward and got 99% access.
Spent all day at it
Both doors done and USB in!

Good idea with the USB’s.. where have you routed them to - the top pockets? Got any photos?
Glad to hear the hard work has paid off with the sound proofing. Every time I close my door I think “sod it, I must get round to Silent Coating them” but think I may as well wait til I replace the door speakers.

I have sound proofed the combo area under the rubber mat, I just made sure it was pressed down well, rubber mat went back down no problem
I want to do same, which did you use Silent or Dyno ?
If money was not object which is the best any other?

I've just finished doing mine, cab & rear and today all the doors. I used silent coat coz its cheaper and is essentially the same thing. I also used some 10mm dodofoam on outer door skin too behind speakers.

At Grim Reaper, discount code? Nuts. I never knew that. Wharra chump. :)

@Lucio the heavier it is the more it damps the vibrations.
I used silent coat throughout my van and it is fine, a good balance of cost to effect. I suggest getting a seam roller and some plastic trim removal tools to use to form it into the folds on the floor.IMG20190311204310.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_3384.JPG

Heres a Yellow one as everyone knows yellow ones are better than orange ones.

Back