Factory Swivel Front Seats Or Retro-fit

We have a Highline with heated captains seats. CMC fitted the swivels and we still have height adjustment. I guess as we’d already bought the van they had no choice but to fit aftermarket swivels. No changes to any part of the seat base etc so not sure why they recommend against it.

I fitted swivels to my kombi and although the functionality was great I was never convinced that they'd hold up in a crash despite being rated to do so. They swayed a bit too much for my liking.

I've got factory swivels in my caravelle and I wouldn't get them again because of the aforementioned height adjustment issue. I'm 6'7" and could do with the seat being a couple of inches lower, freinds have even commented that the cab looks too small for me!

I'm 6ft 2 1/2, and would always have height adjustment. I cannot understand why VW haven't bothered to develop a swivel seat with height adjustment, if only for their own California. I have always found the standard VW swivel seat too low for proper visibility - but both I and my wife (5ft 10) like to sit high in any vehicle.
What make of swivel base do you have?

I am 6’3 and have used aftermarket swivel bases in the past and ended up removing them as they raise the seat to high

I'm not tall as that but I put a JENNINGS low seat base in when adding a swivel plate so as not to increase seat height

Back