Vw factory fitted swivel seat is loose

waxinggibbous28

VIP Member
Hi All, I need a little help please. The drivers seat in my T6.1 has the factory fitted swivel option. Unfortunately the seat has a little play in it. The seat is locking into the driving position no problem but it rocks about 10mm ish on the rotational axis. The passenger seat has the same feature but is solid. It seems safe and locked but annoying when going round corners. I’ve had a good stare at it but can’t see what I should tighten or if tightening is the answer. Any advice is appreciated.

You can cheat a bit and pop some of the rubber door wedges into the base. Should stop the play

Your correct, there shouldnt be any play in it. Personally I would take the seat out and inspect the swivel which will be easier with the seat out and upside down so you can see all the mechanism?
good thing is you have the passenger one to compare to!

Thanks both. I was hoping it was a common issue and there was something to adjust. I guess I’ll be taking the seat out to have a better look. If I find anything I’ll post pics here.

It could be a safety issue, being a 6.1 isn’t it still under warranty? If not VW should be fixing anyway as doesn’t sound fit for purpose if it’s loose.

Of course I can take it in to VW but a bit of a pain if all I need to do is tighten a bolt. It’s only 1 year old and of course still under warranty. Doesn’t seem unsafe it locked just moves a little. I’m interested if anyone has seen this before and I’d like to know if it’s an easy fix incase it repeats outside of warranty.

Back