Ex Rental Van

Mateus

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Desperately trying to join the T6 fold and thought i was so close... but found out the van I have reserved is an ex-rental. Its 11 month old, low mileage, VW main dealer and has nearly all the options i was chasing (LED's etc), so (gulp) wanted to test the opinion on whether it should be avoided?

Sounds exactly like ours 2 years ago. Lots of the second hand vans available are either 1 yr old from a main dealer or 3 years old from Van Monster.

Put it another way, you have another 2 years warranty to find out if there are any issues.

Pete

Wouldn’t put me off if the spec and price was right. As Pete says, you’ve got plenty of warranty left to find any faults.

Thanks Pete, looks relatively clean but guess that can be achieved in a number of ways.. easy life or lots of makeup!

How did yours work out?

All good thanks. No warranty issues in the remaining 2 years, and running really well. We only do 6,000 miles a year though.

Pete

good news... ours is destined to be a conversion too, hence being a bit more jumpy about its past. Guess 2 years warranty is enough time to shake out the gremlins and (thanks Andys) - spec and prices is massively on its side

I wouldn’t worry at all. Half of our forecourt is made up form ex rental vans and I can assure you they are better presented than most if not all vans out there. As long as it’s been well looked after and prepared you will have zero issues.
As I always say, if you have any reservations or something doesn’t feel right just pay for an independent inspection, or walk away. There are others out there I can assure you.

Back