Part Ex or Private sale

D

Deleted member 224

Hi Guys
Thinking of swapping my 2017 Kombi for a nearly new one, but was a little surprised at the low part ex value i was offered from the VW dealer. Looking on auto trader it was around 8-10k less than they are going for for similar high spec vans. Does this difference sound about right and am i best trying to sell privately in this current market and long lead times etc….

You've got nothing to loose by offering it up for sale privately, or using one of the selling portals like Motorway.

The dealers are trying to make high profits from sales to make up for the lack of stock availability, so will always try to bid you lower than they otherwise would.

Ah yes I didn’t think of that re the mark up, thanks. Will let the forum know if i decide to sell privately 2017 T32 Kombi Highline DSG 204PS loads of factory fitted options, spoiler, sunroof, twin electric doors, LEDs, sat nav, low mileage ….

I like the sound of a sunroof. What colour is it? Has it got the comfort dash?

No comfort dash and it’s starlight blue. I do love the sunroof and haven’t found one with it since looking

Don't tell us if you are going to put it for sale on here @steve That's just showing everyone your hand.

Ah yes I didn’t think of that re the mark up, thanks. Will let the forum know if i decide to sell privately 2017 T32 Kombi Highline DSG 204PS loads of factory fitted options, spoiler, sunroof, twin electric doors, LEDs, sat nav, low mileage ….
sounds a very desirable spec, would be worth getting VIP membership and posting it on the for sale section.
There is always people posting on here looking for vans of similar nature

I would always suggest trying to sell it privately before going for a part ex.
If it doesn’t sell, you can always fall back to the part ex.
I had to sell my Discovery (now we have the T6) and got £5K more selling on AutoTrader than I was being offered on the We Buy Any car etc. sites.

Last edited:
I got a very good px offer from Liverpool & then an offer a lot less from another nearby dealer. Similar age, lower spec.

Put it through Wizzle, got a range of solid offers, then advertised here & sold privately for just a wee bit more.

Worth a punt privately.

I would always suggest trying to sell it privately before going for a part ex.
If it doesn’t sell, you can always fall back to the part ex.
I had to sell my Discovery (now we have the T6) and got £5K more selling on Ebay than I was being offered on the We Buy Any car etc. sites.

i sold a car last year. Got a valuation off we buy any car - started at £2650, but then progressively got higher, but a private sale got me £4600 - I used Autotrader to run the advert

I think I have found a nearly new t6.1 camper private sale.
Been offered £11.000 from we buy any van and I know they will give me at least £2000 less than the original figure.Had various px offers from VW garages.ranging from £7500 to £10.000
It's a t5.1. Startling no AC .6 seats.90.000 genuine miles. egr valve done this year. Had cam belt and water pump done every 4 years.fsh. ect.
This is not on advert.
Does anyone think I might get £11.000.
On autotrader?

Lack of Ac will make it more difficult to sell but 11k you should sell it fast.

Back