Error codes

Jfoz

T6 Pro
Merry christmas all!

Just got a carista today and ran it to check errors and to do some customisation.
Got 2 fault codes, Rain and light recognition andd rear left door. I know about the rear left door and assume that's why my alarm light is solid for a minute or so before setting..

But is the light and rain sensor the reason my leaving home lights are not working? Also, they used to work but a month or so ago I had the windscreen replaced by national windscreens and thinking back it worked before then? Could they have knocked the sensor or wires?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20201224-135333.png

If you clear the errors... Do they come back...?

I think leaving home lights only come on, with the light switch on Auto setting... maybe one thing to check...

Also with your lights on Auto setting, do they come on when it goes dark automatically...?

Having the windscreen replaced around the time you've noticed they aren't working does sound suspect.... but there could be other things causing the problem.

Thanks for your reply, Yeah both codes return when trying to clear, well it says failed to clear try turning ignition off and on, but they still come back.

Yeah my lights are always on auto and come on when dark, the coming home lights work with a flick of the full beam, just not the leaving home when I unlock it on dark dark mornings.

So not sure what else it could be?

Double check Carista settings haven't changed...? Maybe even disable in Carista, Apply change, then re-enable and apply change...

I also seen this problem once when the battery voltage was low... Do you have battery voltage monitoring fitted... BM2...?

Colder mornings can start to highlight a battery that's charge is failing to hold...
What voltage does your battery show first thing in the morning before you turn the engine over...?

The fact the auto lights work says the light detection sensor is functioning correctly.... the error you get could be where its been disconnected when fitting the new windscreen and you don't appear to be clearing it.... You probably need VCDS to diagnose that in a bit more detail....

carista1.jpg

Thanks for reply. I tried disabling and enabling with carista but no luck.
I haven't got a battery voltage checker, maybe I'll ask my mate to check it out next week, on some cold mornings the van does tick over a little longer to start? Maybe it is the battery..

I did remove the rear view mirror and disconnected and reconnected the cables to the sensors, I have a funny feeling they may have damaged the cable during the replacement of the windscreen!

Battery is a possibility, especially this time of year... and seeing as your light sensor works for auto lights with the engine running then thats sounds OK..

I had my windscreen replaced a few months back... thinking about it the only wired connection I saw them disconnect was the heated windscreen cables... light and rain sensor just detached from the inside of the windscreen...

Yeah, worth fitting BM2, a cheap and useful way of keeping an eye on battery health which Bluetooths to your phone..

If you have a battery charger, then charge the battery overnight and see if that helps..

Good luck and if you work out what it is please update the post to help others that may have the same issue..

I did notice this morning on my drive that my lights were on even though it was a clear blue sky day and sun was out. So not sure the sensor is working correctly? As they would be off in the day time?

I'll have to order a BM2 and I don't have a charger unfortunately.

Theres a few posts on here where people have questioned the sensitivity setting of the light sensor... not uncommon for it to be on most of the day this time of year even in what may appear to me or you to be reasonable daylight...

I think the sensitivity setting is adjustable with vcds but not 100% on that one.. but generally the light sensor either works or it doesn't...

Yours sounds like its working... but if your battery voltage starts dropping certain functions may start playing up..

If you can rule the battery out one way or another it would help... some places, like kwik fit and Halfords offer a free battery health check as well... its another angle to see what the health of the battery is like, but don't be press ganged by them to buy a new battery as a full charge by a smart charger could massively improve your existing battery.. maybe worth a look though..

Awesome! Thanks for your help, even on Christmas day, much appreciated.
Just ordered a Bluetooth battery monitor. I will post results when it arrives, what should I expect the numbers to be for a healthy battery? 12.6 or so?

No problem... Yeah... mines sat at 12.6 today

When charged it gets to about 14.7 and then at rest around 12.5...

Check your battery type as well... if its a Moll then they're known to have issues....

Screenshot_20201225-170932_Battery Monitor.jpg
20201223_105107.jpg

Just fitted battery monitor after a 30 mins drive or so, results posted below.
The battery is a Varta also.
Screenshot_20201229-115023.png

Screenshot_20201229-115506.png

Screenshot_20201229-115952.png

If you have Bluemotion, you will often see the alternator switch off and not charge once the battery has reached 80% so if your monitor is expecting to see 14V you will only get that when it's actively charging.

2017 Transporter 102 model, so not sure if BM.
Just trying to determine why my leaving home lights don't work, and trying to rule out the battery

2017 Transporter 102 model, so not sure if BM.
Just trying to determine why my leaving home lights don't work, and trying to rule out the battery
you have Bluemotion

Battery appears OK... bit odd that at 12.1 it thinks its 96% charged...

But battery doesn't appear to be the problem...

I'm thinking now its because the system thinks the door is open... in which case leaving home lights won't come on...

Have a read through this thread... https://www.t6forum.com/threads/coming-home-lights.8398/

Leaving home lights turn off when door open is sensed... so i think you need to sort that next.

post-822-0-09024800-1436033609_thumb.jpg

Okay cool. At least the battery seem okay.
So that Carista code 03303 Is for the left rear barn door not the left side sliding door?
Would the deadlocks add to this issue?

So that Carista code 03303 Is for the left rear barn door not the left side sliding door?
Would the deadlocks add to this issue?
It's the sliding door. It seems to be harmless - unless real issues with the door. I don't think the deadlocks are connected - the same fault appears without.
Earlier chat on this one -->

Even some data was collected :geek:

So the side sliding door is the probs the reason why my alarm doesn't set straight away, as the red light on drivers door stays solid for around a minute then sets?

Back