Anyone Know What This Fault Is And Whats Broken?

Implausible is normally when the ecu received something unexpected or out of sequence. It could be a fault in the door switches but often they are ignored. Is the door locking and shown open/closed correctly on the MFD?

Implausible is normally when the ecu received something unexpected or out of sequence. It could be a fault in the door switches but often they are ignored. Is the door locking and shown open/closed correctly on the MFD?

Yes, everything is working fine. Locks/unlocks correctly, and shows as open or closed correctly in the MFD.

as above, door switch open/close status. (possible door switch starting to play up (24x times))

just note it, clear code & see if it comes back in-future. (or dont clear the code if you want evidence for a warranty claim in future)

had similar faults logged with this > Rear Barn Doors Door Lock Wont Open- My18

as above, door switch open/close status. (possible door switch starting to play up (24x times))

just note it, clear code & see if it comes back in-future. (or dont clear the code if you want evidence for a warranty claim in future)

had similar faults logged with this > Rear Barn Doors Door Lock Wont Open- My18

I have had it before and cleared it several times. Its always back though. But never seen any symptoms.

If the lock is slow to actuate(Sluggish) that might be the issue; when the ECU sends the signal to lock I expect it starts a timer and expects all doors to show state locked within x milliseconds, if that door lock motor takes too long to close the lock then this might log this error.

If the lock is slow to actuate(Sluggish) that might be the issue; when the ECU sends the signal to lock I expect it starts a timer and expects all doors to show state locked within x milliseconds, if that door lock motor takes too long to close the lock then this might log this error.
Interesting, mine have the same issue but they’re all replacement locks

Interesting, mine have the same issue but they’re all replacement locks
I'm only guessing here, and you have messed with the locks more than anyone here, but generally implausible to VW ecu's is when it receives a signal or value back that it was not expecting and we know that the locks have quite a few microswitches in them to tell lock/unlock, deadlock/undeadlock and also door open/closed.

maybe do some vcds measuring and graph the status of those switches if they are readable and see how long each door takes to lock and unlock... (sounds like a job for @mmi :) )

I'm only guessing here, and you have messed with the locks more than anyone here, but generally implausible to VW ecu's is when it receives a signal or value back that it was not expecting and we know that the locks have quite a few microswitches in them to tell lock/unlock, deadlock/undeadlock and also door open/closed.

maybe do some vcds measuring and graph the status of those switches if they are readable and see how long each door takes to lock and unlock... (sounds like a job for @mmi :) )
It’s pretty low on my list, as you say I’ve spent far too long on this issue in the past, but that explanation does make sense the more I think about it. The locks I used were all second hand too so maybe they do slow down as they get on. Doesn’t bother me really as they lock and unlock fine but it’s always niggled seeing it on the scan each time.

Interesting... just realized that I have stumbled across this at extremely low temperatures ---> Carista Codes 000397, 00036 & 03303? so challenge accepted :geek:

So what we have in our sliding doors - mine (left+right) has power latching and deadlocking? @Skyliner33 , @andys , anyone else?

Full manual here.... no power doors.

Is it when you don’t push the button down after closing the sliding door?
I had something similar with Carista a while back.

Interesting... just realized that I have stumbled across this at extremely low temperatures ---> Carista Codes 000397, 00036 & 03303? so challenge accepted :geek:

So what we have in our sliding doors - mine (left+right) has power latching and deadlocking? @Skyliner33 , @andys , anyone else?
Mine sliding door on right side with power latching. Came with locks that didn’t deadlock but I retrofitted locks that did and coded in VCDS

Seems that the actual door switches can't be read directly. Status available is seemingly a combination of several door switch states. Best available sampling rate is about 0.11...0.15 seconds/locking status of four doors (Group 007). Adding another group (e.g. monitoring key press) would double the time. Third group would approx. triple the time.

Anyways, attached a few tables. Obviously need to run the same measurements in winter to see if any additional delays/fluctuations/sluggishness are introduced between state changes. According to VCDS status "Implausible" is one of these states.

Doesn't seem to meaningful to measure the time from "triggering" (key pressing) as it has to be read from different measurement group thus slowing sampling significantly.

Left column = time stamp in seconds.
Orange line = first phase of activated locking/unlocking sequence.
Green line = final phase of activated locking/unlocking sequence.
Safelocking=deadlocking.

upload_2019-8-24_21-51-49.png

upload_2019-8-24_22-3-45.png

upload_2019-8-24_22-4-55.png

upload_2019-8-24_22-5-55.png

Ahem...

03303 - Response Closing Status of Rear Left Door - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
03304 - Response Closing Status of Rear Right Door - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

As of Feb-2021 it seems that ODIS is "ignoring" these faults (when intermittent) not being "real" faults. I had van serviced with both faults fresh, however I was informed that ODIS didn't report any faults about sliding doors. Unfortunately due to Covid-19 restrictions I couldn't accompany technician - thus so this far have only heard of it at second hand :speechless:

These faults showed up on my Caravelle few times.
Actually I got them for the first time when my vehicle had only 1600 miles (2500 km) on the clock.
No actual malfunctioning so far.
No issues whatsoever.

Reactions: mmi
Most “implausibles” are ignored as it refers to an out of range value the software is not programmed to cope with like an overflow etc.

Mine has the same fault but in sure its making my Alarm LED stay solid red after locking for a few mins before returning to flashing.

Reactions: mmi
Back