Coming Home Lights

siwilkie

high as much as I love the van and in the dark when finding van the auto lights come on while I walk up to it but when I lock it in the dark unless I flip the flash I don’t get an auto coming home so when walking up drive to house I fall over the bloody dog and suggestions
2017 204ps 4motion

You can adjust the time period with VCDS to any amount of required, think the default is 15 seconds

Yeah I flick the light switch flasher ... but surly an automatic option to come on when it’s dark automatically like it does on approach cheers for help

You can adjust the time period with VCDS to any amount of required, think the default is 15 seconds
I’ve lifted it to 45 seconds but it’s the automatic activation rather than having to flash main beam cheers

I know what you mean, every car with auto lights I’ve ever had lets you set the time the headlights stay on after you shut off without having to do anything so I don’t know why the T6 doesn’t. Maybe someone will come up with a little box of tricks like the auto folding mirror one.

I put both on 60 secs but like you cant get coming home to work. I sent the problem to carista and they gave me beta version and still it wont work.

Dongle arrived today, plugged in and followed instructions, paid my subscription, got most everything working apart from drive away locking, I've got two options A or B neither work neither will the coming home lights when I remove the ignition key, anyone help please, being a dumb arse I assume you remove the dongle when done......

Coming home light is activated by flashing high beam - not just removing the ignition key.

I think the fix for Carista to enable Auto-Lock is on the way - currently in beta release. That has been discussed in other thread Carista App?

Last edited:
Thanks will check the thread out, was going on what's on the menu thought it had been updated

Both those functions work on my 67 highline

I'm sure they worked before I joined the beta program too

Mine November 66 plate, sorry what's Beta programme, it's not another dark art is it

Andy - send an email to carista saying some features dont work and they will offer you a beta version of the app - its free and the drive away locking works. I never did get coming home lights to work even with beta tbh - mines a 17 plate MY18 model

Andy - send an email to carista saying some features dont work and they will offer you a beta version of the app - its free and the drive away locking works. I never did get coming home lights to work even with beta tbh - mines a 17 plate MY18 model
I'm wondering if it's something in your bcm Richard as mine works

Thanks I've just dropped them an email, how do you tell model as in MY18 is it on the log book, had quite few transporters this is the first one I've got into messing with, learning as I go along

When did you receive it?

My18's started delivery about September/August and come with the square radar sensor on the front bumper for city brake as standard.

If you ordered adaptive cruise before this you also would have that radar unit though

His is november 66 so should be MY17 id imagine.
Yeh I ordered my van in January 16 but didn't arrive until November 16, I think VW were looking for a world record in the longest lead time to build a T6 and see how many excuses the salesman could come up with to sand bag me, I've not got the square on the front so I assume mind is a MY 17

Back