engine coolant bypass valve control vw t 6.1 diesel

Lucky T6 owners.
Cheers for setting that straight.
Phil - What do you reckon on a recent software update could have caused the influx of Coolant Valves being stuck? Seems a wide range of T6.1 'suddenly' showing up with the same issue. Or is that hyperbole?
Doubt it, seen this fault enough times over the past 12-14 months for it not to be due to any recent software changes.

More likely poor quality part from whoever the supplier of the valve is.

Fair enough.
I've only found this issue as it affected me.
Everyone in the know said words to effect of 'I've seen loads of those recently'. Recently could well be the last couple of years (strangely enough, since the T6.1 has been around).

Mine has just done this diagnostics say engine coolant bypass valve A. Took it to dealer and they didn’t want to know as warranty ran out last week!!!!! So, can anyone tell me the part number and where it is located on the engine please?

I was told by VW Assist that it needs some special equipment to do it. Something to do with certain parts needing a partial vacuum.
You might be able to haggle with dealers as it seems to be a known issue. Mine went after 16 months from new (17k miles) about 2 weeks after purchasing it from a dealer.

I was told by VW Assist that it needs some special equipment to do it. Something to do with certain parts needing a partial vacuum.
You might be able to haggle with dealers as it seems to be a known issue. Mine went after 16 months from new (17k miles) about 2 weeks after purchasing it from a dealer.
Appreciate the reply, thank you. To be quite honest, while I won’t name and shame, I’ve had a couple of warranty issues with the dealership. Having had the vehicle for 3 years now and much as I love it, the attitude always seems to be “our vehicles don’t go wrong Sir, it must be you”. Very frustrating!

Hilarious.
Just found and read your other thread on this topic which has given me the info I need. Interesting to note others having issues with the dealerships. Makes me wonder if it’s more VW than the dealership - anyway guess that would be for another thread.

Just came across this thread...my 22 plate 6.1 went in for a routine servcie last June and came out with a warning light on the dash (can't remember which one lol) so went straight back in and they connected it up and found it was a faulty coolant bypass valve. they told me it was ok to drive so it went back in a week or two later and it was replaced under warranty...since then this info comes up every time i turn the ignition on (no warning lights)..figured when its next in for a service ill ask them to have a look why.
I've looked in the 'vehicle wallet'....no information.:rolleyes:

IMG_1849.jpeg

At first I thought that pic was a joke.

I get just the 'Check Vehicle Wallet' when switching off engine. I assumed that was to remind you to pick up your phone/filofax/chalk+slate from the storage compartment before leaving the van.
Is there coolant level low?

Anyway - just did a quickie search and, bless this forum,Loz and DellMassive, found this:
It might be the means by which The Vee can do their own coolant valve. Possibly. Not sure.

Just came across this thread...my 22 plate 6.1 went in for a routine servcie last June and came out with a warning light on the dash (can't remember which one lol) so went straight back in and they connected it up and found it was a faulty coolant bypass valve. they told me it was ok to drive so it went back in a week or two later and it was replaced under warranty...since then this info comes up every time i turn the ignition on (no warning lights)..figured when its next in for a service ill ask them to have a look why.
I've looked in the 'vehicle wallet'....no information.:rolleyes:

View attachment 237540
Next time the message comes up on the dash, just leave the ignition on until it goes out.

At first I thought that pic was a joke.

I get just the 'Check Vehicle Wallet' when switching off engine. I assumed that was to remind you to pick up your phone/filofax/chalk+slate from the storage compartment before leaving the van.
Is there coolant level low?

Anyway - just did a quickie search and, bless this forum,Loz and DellMassive, found this:
It might be the means by which The Vee can do their own coolant valve. Possibly. Not sure.
Thank you whodat. Fortunately I do have access to the vacuum kit and the software for the pumps etc. appreciate the follow up

Back